Southend Shakedown - Easter Monday 21st April

Tango

I think that we're aiming to be in Rayleigh for about 11am.....hopefully meeting up with Bonniebird's brother by the Hungry Horse pub near Rayleigh station for the final ride into Sarfend.... 8-)

Pi$$ing down here too but forecast does look better for tomorrow at the moment (if I haven't just jinxed it by saying that).

We will be at the Travellers Joy pub car park (Hungry Horse) in Rayleigh at around 11am and will ride to Southend via the back roads from from there

Downhall Road. Rayleigh. Essex. SS6 9JF

Hi all. I will still be meeting u all at 11 am to introduce myself but unfortunately will have to head back home as I've just sold my gokart and inconveniently he want to collect it to day. Hopefully will head back up and into southend once sale has completed

No idea what time I'll be there. Just walked the dog, fed the baby, etc etc..

I took the dog for a walk and could hear loads of bikes out on the roads. Great sound!!

Look out for me and say hi. Black 13plate s1000rr. Black RST leathers and a blue Shoei lid.

Nice to meet you Dave.....hope you did make it down to Southend.

it was mobbed down there....wall to wall bikes..... 8-)

I did see a black s1000rr joeman.....as we were walking along the front.....dunno what time.....probs about 12 -12:30.....bike was in the traffic heading towards the pier area..... 8-)

My waterproof baby grow oversuit did it's job again.....prevented it from raining... :wink:

Good day out..... 8-)

One of the best turnouts for the Shakedown that I've seen - grand day out

Nice to meet you, Daver5. Did you get down to Southend in the end?

DSCF0373.thumb.JPG.ea9abd262f6d47c750494df1ad86ee02.JPG

Ye Olde Kursaal

DSCF0377.thumb.JPG.4db2dd3e59c58ac5be102e6c4fe3e2fd.JPG

DSCF0381.thumb.JPG.1c697dcde0fa30c355816a87340bf3fb.JPG

DSCF0382.thumb.JPG.1b61720539e99a823af9dc375f6d108c.JPG

Bikes as far as the eye can see.......

I did see a black s1000rr joeman.....as we were walking along the front.....dunno what time.....probs about 12 -12:30.....bike was in the traffic heading towards the pier area..... 8-)

May well have been me!

I was there about that time... I got there, did two laps of the seafront, then had to head home to be back with the family, so i didnt even get to stop and walk about :(

was a great turnout though, and the weather was fantastic!!

Ive got a load of helmet cam footage, so i'll get some vids uploaded.

Maybe next year then joeman.... 8-)

looking forward to seeing some of the video footage you got..... 8-)

I was going through the footage last night - there were Thousands of bikes there!!

I had to be home for 3pm as i have familiy staying and we'd booked a table for dinner at 4pm... so i got home just after 3pm, lubed the chain and put the bike to bed. Then they decided 4pm was too early to eat, and moved the table booking to 6pm!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

So i could have stayed out another two hours.... I was pretty annoyed... :( :(

Essex firebikes had a stand.....had a red s1000rr all liveried up with the reflective markings that they use..... 8-)

Dunno about the Margate run.....bit of a haul for us for a day out! Have to think about that one... 8-)

Afternoon.

Was good to meet u also.

managed to get there about 3pm. Still really busy, just wished I'd got there earlier.

Theory test is booked now. So hopefully within 2 months I get my big boy licence.

Then need a big boy bike. But will be happy to just loose the looser plates lol