Anyone going to the MCN show?

Stilton Jo

MCN festival of motorbikes at East of England showground, Peterborough this weekend (Sat and Sun)?

I am going with the Triumph Owners Club....Purple Bonnie on display again - come and say hello, we have teabags and an urn.....

:lol:

Too expensive and hasn't seemed from the website that they know what they're doing.

We mainly went to the BMF for the camping and evening beer and music but MCN only reluctantly offered camping which sold out really quickly.

It's a shame because I'm after some bargain leather trousers but they'd have to be a real bargain to justify £25 entry (so £50 for the two of us)

This event run by MCN is new this year, taken over from BMF. The BMF was generally good for stuff although was getting smaller each year.

This is an unknown quanity and has been arranged a bit last minute. I've just been on the website and its changed yet again. Camping back on with Saturday night entertainment. They want £50 for it though :shock:

Much more expensive than BMF

I'll wait this year, see what the feedback is and think about it next year.......perhaps

Who was it that recently went to Butlins MCN do at Skegness and said it was shit?
that was me, utter waste of time. Im hoping how ever that this one as its a fully established event that it will be a good day out

Well..........

Not a bad show, some nice bikes on display there old and new. Quite comical watching people on the wheelie machine.

Few more trade shop stands than last year but prices not quite what you would expect, unless its tat. I feel sorry for the unfortunates that buy some of the gear in the side stalls, leather jacket and trousers for £80 all in and my dressing gown has more weight. And those bloody polite jackets were everywhere, and someone even wandered round in one.

Plenty of food stalls.

America won the flat tracking against england but i think its a fix as the leader was a brit for most the race then he all of a sudden slowed down deliberatly!

Plenty of live action going on.

Unfortunatly out of the 5 of us that were going the last two backed out last night, so yes i went alone, not doing that again i got bored after i walked the show a couple times. I ended up leaving and going wheels for something to eat and then took a scenic route home

Did not make it in the end. Friday night was a works do in Cambridge and Saturday was a steak and ribs do round a friends. Two nights on the piss so I`m glad to be back at work this morning. :| :cheers:

Does not sound that bad from gq-craigus report. Next year.