Motorcycle Live 2015 — Birmingham NEC, Nov 28th - Dec 6th

Cam

For the love of god, make a careful note of which section you leave your car in! :lol:

Me and Jay got way more exercise than we meant to last night wandering around N2-7 in the dark :P

Honda stand in a beauty this year, we now know the exact model and colour that Jay will be aiming at next year :mrgreen: Not that expensive either, with all the bits thrown in!

Have to admit I was a bit taken with one of the Royal Enfield's.. Which is not like me at all..

tumblr_nymcv3IZm81soofeto1_1280.jpg

Lol.

At least you 2 had an inkling of what number car park you were in.. lol

Was absolutely chucking it down and folk were waiting for the buses.

Thought yes good idea. We will jump on a bus.

Till it dawned on us, we had no idea of the number car park or for that matter north or south etc....lol

We got wet!!!!

As for the smart phone. I would think so yeah.

Going tomorrow! :yay:

Also looking forward to escaping as it is now one week since my op, I can't drive or ride and I'm booooooooored!

Wasn't sure whether I was going to be up to it but I think I'll be OK. Not sure whether I'll be able to get my leg over (fnar) many bikes

Going tomorrow! :yay:

Also looking forward to escaping as it is now one week since my op, I can't drive or ride and I'm booooooooored!

Wasn't sure whether I was going to be up to it but I think I'll be OK. Not sure whether I'll be able to get my leg over (fnar) many bikes

If you have not got your ticket grab mine PM me it seems I cannot give it away!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself today and picked up a new Schuberth C3Pro for £340. My old C3 cost £400 4years ago.

Ooh, you beat me! I paid £370 for mine on the Sunday. Ah well. :-)

Had a good day yesterday........sat on pretty much every bike on the Triumph stand.......sat on a load more bikes.......had a real good mooch round. Came back with an optimate for Mandy, a couple of cans of ACF50 and some heavyweight bike gear hangers from bikertidy. We hired a wheelchair for Mandy coz she can't walk far or stand for long, so I got in for free as her carer......cost £5 for the wheelchair........result!

Now to win the lottery and buy one of each of the bikes on the Triumph stand! ..... 8-)

FB_IMG_1449319562336.thumb.jpg.101644c6fff0ec8c0b896b59a12dc481.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed myself today and picked up a new Schuberth C3Pro for £340. My old C3 cost £400 4years ago.

Ooh, you beat me! I paid £370 for mine on the Sunday. Ah well. :-)

Rode wearing mine for the first time this morning.

Compared to my original C3 it isn't a lot better - apart from the newness.

Wind noise a fraction less, no draughts at all with the visor snapped shut - but then the C3 was pretty much like that.

Venting seemed similar too.

Worth the extra for the pro? I'm not so sure - they were doing the normal C3 for £230.

Bloody good quality flip lid, so much so that I would not go back to a full face solid.

went to day, got back a few hours ago, took my step son and we have another convert.... he already looking at booking a geton ride and cbt.

HE picked himself up a MT thunder helmet for £30 which i thought was good.

had a look at the sharks and shoei helmets, but didnt like the fit, so decided to get another Caberg Stunt with a gloss design for £80 almost 40% off

Arwen lookslike you might have some competition:

dan_grom.jpg.d57751bcd3f6cd52dd1b91231f3b22eb.jpg

new cb500f was nice and bright

cb500fnew.jpg.8cbf9cd8b480164ec1c7663b0c8c9d96.jpg

and no one mentioned this was here.... i wish i had waited

mt03.jpg.051583331e41f84277f61b9b2369a136.jpg

We also went today, and I have to say that I think I've been converted! Seemed quieter than the Friday was the last two years, and it being the last day gave us some extra leverage when bartering at the gear stalls. Went with my other half and one of my old housemates. I got a massive discount on the Oxford Montreal 2.0 jacket that I'd been wanting, 45% off - was about to get the tan/"desert" version until the woman at the stall said that it looked very Ewan McGregor so I quickly decided to get the orange and black one instead so I wouldn't look like one of the GS Accountant crowd. Crystal scored a helmet and some trousers, again with a massive discount. Final day if definitely a good day to go. Tom bought a rain cover because he gets paid far to much and so has far too many nice things already.

I remembered that we had a thread recently where someone said it was nigh on impossible to flat foot some of the bigger adventure bikes, so naturally we got a snap of me standing over an Adventure R

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/2015-12-06%2012.42.34_zps5p8pudre.jpg

(bonus: Crystal said that if she can get a cat, I can get an 1190 Adventure R. I suggested that I get her the cat for christmas and she get me the KTM, but apparently that's not going to be possible :lol: )

Also had a go on an F800GSA, thought it was a bit w**k.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/2015-12-06%2012.48.55_zpsdgashuxz.jpg

Don't get why the front of the bike is so damn bulky when the fuel tank is in the rear under the seat!

Still love the MT-09, lovely think - think I prefer the new one with the retro styling, but I look bloody awful in that photo :lol:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/2015-12-06%2014.16.40_zpsrd8ecurf.jpg

Tom wasn't so impressed but he got in on the photo anyway. Some of the plastics on the variant he's sat on (can't remember what it was called) seemed really flimsy, not so cool.

And of course, the appeal of getting an MSX shot was far too great. Also a chance for Crystal to get a "look at what I can flat-foot" shot.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/2015-12-06%2013.21.30_zpsrcdka9ax.jpghttp://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/2015-12-06%2013.22.16_zps4zqca1um.jpg

And of course, obligatory looking-like-prats-on-a-goldwing shot.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/2015-12-06%2017.11.47_zpsqevg6ygp.jpg

We spent 15 minutes trying to work out how to open the panniers before some bloke that owned one came up and showed us. We ran off quickly before he could start showing us his stamp collection or share tips on how to groom people on Habbo Hotel.

Awesome day, all in all!

haha - on that Grom you look like you're on one of those spring mounted bikes you get in playgrounds.

Arwen - I'm not dissing the grom though you know I love it :)

Also cat for a bike trade sounds pretty good (unless you're horrifically allergic to cats)

Loving the pictures of you lot on the grom :D

Don't worry Hoggs, I know it looks like toy bike compared to some. I've been told by a few folk that cause I am rather short it actually looks like a normal sized bike when I am on it, until I get closer! I still have a bit of a giggle to myself when I take it into town and park it next to the biggest bike I can find :)

Really wishing I could have made it down to the show this year. Guess I'll have to make do with the Edinburgh show in February/when ever it is.