UK Challenge 2014 - Discussion thread

Stu

It is visible both from the main road (A420) and the road to the village. There are gateways you can pull in off the road. There is even a track up to the folly (if you are adventurous - Not recommended for a standard motorcycle) from Stanford Road.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Gog, are you going for the whole lot? I went to park where you did for the Spurn Lightship, but a dodgy looking guy on a bicycle appeared and insisted I give him my phone to take the photo of me and my bike. I had visions of him riding away with it, so I buggered off instead. I am sorry to the people of Hull, but the place has a bit of a reputation :(

It is highly unlikely that I'll 'get' Scotland - due to my 'bad back' but I'm certainly trying for all of England and Wales (weather permitting).

The place I parked near the Lightship is very public - Can't imagine anyone trying more than a 'snatch & run' there and my toughend boots and bike gloves may deter such action!

I'd have 'gone once round the block' had that happened to me.

All the best.

It is highly unlikely that I'll 'get' Scotland - due to my 'bad back' but I'm certainly trying for all of England and Wales (weather permitting).

The place I parked near the Lightship is very public - Can't imagine anyone trying more than a 'snatch & run' there and my toughend boots and bike gloves may deter such action!

I'd have 'gone once round the block' had that happened to me.

All the best.

I did go round the block and stopped where I did when I saw a really nice cafe. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Completed the last four for the north west ending at the Winking man. Started the first Welsh tag at Leighton gate. I am sitting on my own at a campsite next to a pub. The owners are out for the night and I have the place to myself. O what to do with an empty in a pub!

Current Table

Member Score

GOG 800

Throttled 690

Whitedevil 470

priest 440

Rigsville 190

CB999 180

Bonniebird 120

Roxyy 90

Darkest-Star 60

CGD217 40

Deso 40

Mr Fro 30

rennie 30

Dynamo_Delboy 20

Ian_1986 10

marlc0 10

Yet to Score:

acting_strange

adekeys

andy110885

b19_monty

BabyBaloo

BikerMooFromMars

bmwdave

Chris_589

dispersion

Gordon276

Hodsoll

iiis3econdcreep

IronGiant

Kitty

klingelton

Littlecat

Lucifah

MidLifeBiker

nikolees

ohjay

Rad

RantMachine

Ricky

rogwigi57

Stu

Susieque

Tango

Tankbag

TC

Tiggie

TooOldForThis41

Van Man

Zipster

See, I'm torn between doing all of East England and maybe one of the neighbouring ones in the interest of maximum points, or saying "stuff the completion bonuses" and doing a route all over the country. Only got a few days of holiday left this year and want to use them well... Obviously it'd be pretty handy to be able to see them all on a map if I take the 'all over the place' approach so I can plan around it!

How about aiming for ones you have not been to to take you on new and interesting roads? I know GOG put tags based on recommendations for best biker roads, so some seem in an odd place, but all lead to a great place to ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...