UK Challenge 100 2016 - Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

I've put together a single run route for the pubs on Tyre (other products/applications may be available ;) ) and it is doable with 90 minutes!

:cheers:

try ITN converter :)

much better and less buggy than TYRE :wink:

NB. You can't do it if you live in the extreme North of Scotland either!

Whereas, Warwick Castle is quite a bit nearer to you than to me.

:mrgreen:

True :wink:

If anyone wants to meet up near me and Tango, we would happily take you round the 'pub route' plus some of the better roads round here.

The next nearest tag is a fair distance but I'm hoping to get more done this year.

Definitely recommend bikes as post-operative therapy (once everything has healed of course). Blows away the cobwebs for me and cleared out the Bonnie's carbs. Kermit the Speed Four is on the optimate now, getting ready.

Might take up your offer and have a coffee with you. 3 pubs left and might do these on a run from warwickshire to Godmanchester. Old Sun, Black Bull and The Exhibition. :wink:

Cool. The Exhibition is about a quarter of a mile from ours.

The Sun is in St. Neots and only a mile or so from the town square with cafes which is a popular meeting spot for bikes on a Sunday. You have a choice of two Black Bulls.

Totally agree Mandy - I feel much better after the 'Pubs' tags today 8-)

Castle Acre is not too far - You pass it on the 'Sunny Hunny' ride outs.

Norfolk & Suffolk tags can be done in a day and you could even dip into north Essex.

Agree once the near ones are 'got', then it will be a weekend run.

Happy riding!

Totally agree Mandy - I feel much better after the 'Pubs' tags today 8-)

Castle Acre is not too far - You pass it on the 'Sunny Hunny' ride outs.

Norfolk & Suffolk tags can be done in a day and you could even dip into north Essex.

Agree once the near ones are 'got', then it will be a weekend run.

Happy riding!

Glad you are feeling better Alan - I think I might have pulled something a bit getting the Bonnie on the centre stand but nothing major hopefully.

Hoping to do a few weekends away this year but definitely want to get all the 'local' ones. Possible Northumbria week too and there's a few not far off the A1, heading North.

The Bonnie is on the right in the garage next to the Speed Triple (facing in) so if I put it on the side stand there is less space for stuff between the two bikes. Actually moving all the stuff (including two Honda wheels) to get my bike in and out probably didn't help either. The actual riding was no problem .

Need a bigger garage!

Trouble is we'd be compelled then to get more bikes :lol:

Some thoughts for the wise....

If your heading to a "pub" make sure it still exists...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Old ... 4Q8gEIGzAA

This one is no longer a pub and the roads I choose getting there can best be described as poor.... I wen through 2 floods and countless meters of mud covered road with bike sliding like a good un....

All that to find no Pub..... Google before you go is my suggestion....

try ITN converter :)

much better and less buggy than TYRE :wink:

I agree with you Stu, I've been a big fan of Tyre and even bought a lifetime license but I was getting more and more annoyed with it, ITN Converter is fantastic and free (you can send them a donation)

Made a balls up with my routing today

When writing out my list i got 2 in the wrong order which meant me having to go through maidstone town centre twice !

I'm not keen on going over the same ground so was a tad miffed with myself

Must try harder!!!! :roll: