UK Challenge 100 2016 - Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

After doing the garden centres etc with OH chose Monday to go out. 250 miles and out for 7+ hours in grey cold windy conditions and the odd spots of rain, finished the pubs and added 2 more east of England castles.

@rennie, my knees ache now!

I've done 340 miles since Friday and only got 2 tags! :lol:

great to be back out on a bike though! :lol:

My knees don't hurt any more than normal!

Everything else does though! :lol:

well done, good to see you back ;)

Can someone go let priest's tyres down so the rest of us stand a chance in hell of catching him :lol:

:mrgreen: :up: :cheers:

my bag though played a trick on me.

got some takeaway, returned home, the zip failed and no food in the bag :crybaby:

have to take extra booze instead :cheers:

Can someone go let priest's tyres down so the rest of us stand a chance in hell of catching him :lol:

:mrgreen: :up: :cheers:

my bag though played a trick on me.

got some takeaway, returned home, the zip failed and no food in the bag :crybaby:

have to take extra booze instead :cheers:

Oh man that sucks :( well... The no food bit not the more booze bit :cheers:

my tank bag has scratched my nice shiny paintwork! :evil:

That's a bugger. Will it polish out?

good day out today getting a few tags!

bit hot mind!

I tried to get knaresborough castle but failed! I was going round and round in circles trying to get to it!

It was all one way systems and restricted areas etc but looking on google maps there is a car park right outside which you have to go down a narrow street to get to although the street looks like you cant enter it when you get there and this is why I was lost!

I was getting a bit miffed with the traffic and the heat so I gave in and went to the next one! for a Tuesday the traffic in there was mental which is not good in this heat wast on top of a red hot engine sweating your nuts off :lol:

Know what you mean about a warm (bl@@dy hot) engine!

Did just short of 400 miles on Monday morning (set off at 6:30am in the fog!). All the way down to Walmer Castle via various others and back via Berhempstead Castle. Another group completed and a new group started.

Traffic around Dover / Folkstone was manic - roadworks did not help!

However, I'm getting used to filtering on t'Rocket - it is a big beast!

:cheers:

Yeah I am getting used to filtering on mine too

It was a case of having to earlier as there was tailback due to an accident in Hull if I had sat and waited i would have been there for 30 mins easy :lol:

my tank bag has scratched my nice shiny paintwork! :evil:

I bought some of that non-slip matting from a pound shop and put it on the tank before fitting the tankbag to stop it scratching the paint.....worked a treat, Ian...... 8-)

Just back from the north/west of Scotland tags. Wow! Never been there before and the roads are universally outstanding. Just got Orkney and Shetland to do and I have been everywhere in Scotland.

The Scotish roads are superb in the west of Scotland. We have taken several holidays round Oban and Skye areas. Always wished I'd had the bike with me.

@Throttled, did you take the road through Applecross.