U.K. Challenge 15 favourites

Paul-Kent

Hi all

Just wondering what your favourite places were in last years challenge.

For me it was the witchcraft museum in Cornwall

I don't tend to scope out my places, just route them the best I can so when I dropped down a steep hill into such a pretty place and realised it was boscastle I was pleasantly surprised

It also helped that it was a beautiful day.

So what was your best one???

I think this one and the minacs theatre were the best for me last year.

Did noy really enjoy the road cafes though :-) not the most exciting thing in the uk.

This "castle" year should be good though not very diverse. I think 2013 was the best so far for me with the mix of historical places, ONB places, mountain passes, unusual museums, etc :-)

Millennium Motorcycles in St Helens was good for a break, something to eat and lots of bikes to look at. I liked riding somewhere you could stop and eat.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i will be doing the same if / when my missus puts me on a diet

• 2 months later...
I think this one and the minacs theatre were the best for me last year.

Did noy really enjoy the road cafes though :-) not the most exciting thing in the uk.

This "castle" year should be good though not very diverse. I think 2013 was the best so far for me with the mix of historical places, ONB places, mountain passes, unusual museums, etc :-)

If (and I do mean if), I set up the 2017 challenge, I'll take this on board and provide a 'mix' of tags. This year's (Castles) was done just to be different. The main object being to get as many (if not all) the 'biker roads' with at least one tag in the immediate area. This is easier with Cafes but it would not be tht interesting to have the same ones time after time - We all have our favourites and can visit them as/when we like.

I have a 'standby list' with a few 'oddities' on good routes which I will use (anyone into canals; converted prisons; haunted houses and prize winning sheds?).

If you (or anyone) has a particular suggestion, please either email or send me a PM.

:cheers:

A suggestion for an easy to arrange challenge with lots of flexibility would be to tag something particular like football grounds or motorcycle dealers. The aim is to get as many as possible.

• 1 month later...

Interesting thought Throttled old mate but....

If you happen to live in/near one of the major cities, you would be able to 'grab' quite a few in a very short time/distance, whereas if you live in the 'wilds', then you would be seriously disadvantaged.

The main idea behind the 'challenge' is to get as many folk as possible 'going places' that they would never of thought of before, using as many 'biker routes' as possible.

I have been asked (and agreed) to 'sort' the 2017 challenge and I am already collecting various 'new' things/places to 'tag' - All suggestions are welcome (although I do reserve the right not to use them if I don't want to) and I may even use the 'Member Location Map' to add some on the 'regular challenge taggers' doorstep so to speak. i.e. a Bus stop outside of Stu's house!

Please keep the suggestions coming - it all helps.

:cheers:

Super mystery tags... choose 3 locations in an area with a 4th one in the vicinity (or on the route) that links them all somehow.

For example:

Grosmont Town + Hole of Horcum + RAF Fylingdales = Goathland, AKA Aidensfield from "Heartbeat"

Daft i know :lol:

Super mystery tags... choose 3 locations in an area with a 4th one in the vicinity (or on the route) that links them all somehow.

For example:

Grosmont Town + Hole of Horcum + RAF Fylingdales = Goathland, AKA Aidensfield from "Heartbeat"

WTF!!!

we are only bikers you know :lol: :lol:

For example:

WTF!!!

we are only bikers you know :lol: :lol:

:lol: OK How about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rude_Britain