UK Challenge 100 2016 - Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

Scoremaster points ruling.

The scores stand because of the precedent set in previous years where you did not have to get your bike to certain tags, such as the Steve Hislop statue in Hawick. It was reached by path through a park. That got points for anyone who got their tag number to it. There was no disputing I had ridden there because either side were photos of my bike with its tag elsewhere in the borders. There is no dispute Hoggs etc were on their bikes doing the pubs.

I also take the point about one person holding another's tag because the other took the photo. That is a sensible and reasonable precedent to set.

:cheers:

What if I am on my own, I will only have the bike and number or if the tag is a walk from the bike only the number, what then

I put my number next to the Steve Hislop statue and photographed it. It shows I have at least been to that tag with my number. I also had photos to show I was doing tags with my bike in the same area on the same day.

Where it is reasonable to believe a bike was ridden to get the number to the tag, you get the points. If people start only posting their number with no sign of bike at any of the tags, then points may not be awarded.

I score on the principle that you are being honest unless it can be shown otherwise.

:stupid:

As I am the 'official' for the 2016 Challenge (and the 2017 one as well!), it is I who sets the Rules and will adjudicate on any query regarding the acceptability of any 'tag'. As has been said already - I don't really care how you get the tag but the point of the Challenge is to try and get as many folk as possible out on their Bikes and on some 'decent biker routes'. Yes some are 'difficult' to get to on the bike and some are impossible - That is why we allow the site signs (with a tag number) if you cannot get close enough to the physical tag itself. I almost dropped the Bandit a couple of years ago trying to ride up a 'scramble track' to get a shot of a tower - so a picture of the Site Name (at the bottom of the track) with the Tag Number and bike was sufficient.

What is NOT allowed is a picture of a Tag which is not on the list; a picture of a tag with no tag number (some folk have even used twigs to make a temporary number (allowed)); no picture but a statement saying, "well we did go but forgot to take a camera / picture"; and obvious photo-shopping (I look to our resident expert to help spot those).

This is fun (or at least it is set up to be that) - Please don't spoil it.

PS. Priest does not win every year - I 'won' last year and there is time for anyone to top Priest's score this year. if he (I and others) did not enjoy getting out there, we would not be notching up these scores.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,

Quick question - do we think that the "The Great Exhibition" is an allowable alternative / option to the "Exhibition" pub tag?

I fancy a ride through central London and this one would allow that - the alternative is a wander up Cambridge way.

Cheers,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
I would allow a pub called 'the great Exhibition in lieu of the Exhibition. Go for it!

Cheers GOG! :thumb:

There's also an exhibition pub in Essex if that helps anyone not wanting to ride in London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I just point out that in your profile the "Challenge Tag" is for keeping your score and not for your tag number :thumb:

I have seen a few with your tag number in there :)

Can I just point out that in your profile the "Challenge Tag" is for keeping your score and not for your tag number :thumb:

My name is wrong anyway :mrgreen:

My name is wrong anyway :mrgreen:

Changed :oops:

x2, I was getting confused :?

maybe you should change the profile format to detail 'Challenge Score' rather than 'Challenge Tag'?

Just saying - :3some: