Nob of the Day.......

Tango

You obviously spotted her approach and assumed she would pull out and moved over into the right hand lane, slowing down in preparation for her manouvre.

This is a daily occurence for bikers - expect it to happen and adjust BEFORE it happens and you will live to ride another day.

:cheers:

You obviously spotted her approach and assumed she would pull out and moved over into the right hand lane, slowing down in preparation for her manouvre.

This is a daily occurence for bikers - expect it to happen and adjust BEFORE it happens and you will live to ride another day.

:cheers:

I couldn't move over into the right lane, steady stream of traffic moving much faster than my 125 headlong into wind :lol: (which was probably why there was a steady stream actually, overtaking me :oops:)

I did begin to slow down when she appeared but it was relatively close when she came out. I was never in any real danger I don't think, I just had to slow right down behind her and then I took forever to get back up to speed again.

That's what I'll try and do in future though aye :).

The Mercedes SLK driver who thought it would be a good idea to floor it in the fast lane, while I was in the left lane (A12, Ilford, towards London). He was performing some weird guestures before accelerating. Whatever... If he has to prove something in his leased, hired or borrowed car (assumption, of course), that doesn't bother me. On top of that, the traffic lights, which we were approaching, had been green for a suspiciously long time, and indeed... He floored it, they went amber as he approached them, and a moment later he realises and thows the anchor. Like the amber light caught him totally off guard or something. Squeaking tyres. (Thought it had ABS, but maybe not active/working) He came to a halt way into the crossing, lights red as he skids over the solid line. :hammer:

What he didn't notice (his situational awareness has room for improvement for sure) was that a police rider wasn't that far behind us. He filtered through, pulled up next to the nob, and they had a "conversation". :spank: Don't know if he pulled him over. Hopefully. Lights went green just after the copper arrived, so I had to carry on with my journey. Driving faster does not always mean you arrive quicker :up:

That's one of the very few situations where you wish you looked like a teletubby (camera on your lid).

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let anyone tell you how to live your life. If they are forcing you to change yourself or your friendships, maybe look at the bigger picture and don't shut out the people that care about you and will always be there for you, and have always been there for you no matter what.

I miss my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

That is all...

:cry:

The nob of the day award goes to the Zafira (I think) driver near Warwick today.

I was on my little 125cc scoot and I was pulling out of a junction, turning left. The Zafira was coming towards me at a distance but very slowly, so I thought i`d pull out being that he was going so slow and could easily build up speed.

Then out of nowhere, he was on my arse, even though I was traveling a 60mph which was more than enough for the road. He found it a great importance to be wanting to overtake me, even though he was traveling slow originally.

He tried a dodgy overtake on a blind corner but had to go back in because he couldnt see (still traveling at 60 at this point) so i turned my body and head to look behind and gave him a few hand gestures as if to say..wtf are you doing you w**ker.

Still on my arse, he overtook with a car coming head on and I had to move left of the lane to stop an accident.

I noticed he had a child in the car but that didnt deter me trying to keep up with the muppet. Couldnt keep up and hunted around a few local roads so I could have a "chat"

Wish I would have caught him, I was fuming.

If you are the driver of said car (which I doubt you would be on this forum) and you had a incident with a little orange scooter by Warwick, I have a few words for you

You put my life at risk including yourself, your child and other road users. I sincerely hope bad karma will enter your life and f**k you up in the way I would have done if i`d have caught you today.

You are a worthless piece of shit and most of all, you are the stain on the worlds underpants.

Well f**king done.

*Breathe*

:lol: :lol:

The nob of the day award goes to the Zafira (I think) driver near Warwick today.

I was on my little 125cc scoot and I was pulling out of a junction, turning left. The Zafira was coming towards me at a distance but very slowly, so I thought i`d pull out being that he was going so slow and could easily build up speed.

Then out of nowhere, he was on my arse, even though I was traveling a 60mph which was more than enough for the road. He found it a great importance to be wanting to overtake me, even though he was traveling slow originally.

He tried a dodgy overtake on a blind corner but had to go back in because he couldnt see (still traveling at 60 at this point) so i turned my body and head to look behind and gave him a few hand gestures as if to say..wtf are you doing you w**ker.

Still on my arse, he overtook with a car coming head on and I had to move left of the lane to stop an accident.

I noticed he had a child in the car but that didnt deter me trying to keep up with the muppet. Couldnt keep up and hunted around a few local roads so I could have a "chat"

If you are the driver of said car (which I doubt you would be on this forum) and you had a incident with a little orange scooter by Warwick, I have a few words for you

You put my life at risk including yourself, your child and other road users. I sincerely hope bad karma will enter your life and f**k you up in the way I would have done if i`d have caught you today.

You are a worthless piece of shit and most of all, you are the stain on the worlds underpants.

Well f**king done.

*Breathe*

Sorry for sounding like the old fart that I am, but I am really pleased that you did not come to any harm and I am also pleased that you did not get the opportunity to vent your spleen. In that moment of red mist we say and do crazy things and you had just handed control of your life over to a total dick who does not deserve that kind of responsibility. Coming on here and blowing off steam to like minded and sympathetic peers is a much better option. :lol:

Having said all that I did have a moment yesterday when a Russian plated 4x4 decided he wanted my piece of road. I let him have it, not only was this going to be a one sided match between a Daelim 125 and a Sherman Tank (or should that be a T54), but the Russinas here are not renowned for letting angry gestures go unanswered. As the song says..'Oh those Russians...' :)

The nob of the day award goes to a rider who contributes to the bad reputation we have among non-riding cagers.

40 mph limit, I was already a teenie tiny bit over :angel12:, but he shot past at least twice as fast if not more. On the other side of the double solids, obviously. And who cares about junctions, horses and cyclists, right? Nob!

Well f**king done.

*Breathe*

Sorry for sounding like the old fart that I am, but I am really pleased that you did not come to any harm and I am also pleased that you did not get the opportunity to vent your spleen. In that moment of red mist we say and do crazy things and you had just handed control of your life over to a total dick who does not deserve that kind of responsibility. Coming on here and blowing off steam to like minded and sympathetic peers is a much better option. :lol:

Having said all that I did have a moment yesterday when a Russian plated 4x4 decided he wanted my piece of road. I let him have it, not only was this going to be a one sided match between a Daelim 125 and a Sherman Tank (or should that be a T54), but the Russinas here are not renowned for letting angry gestures go unanswered. As the song says..'Oh those Russians...' :)

Yeah, I totally agree.

The older fart in me stopped me looking for him after a few local roads. I`m normally pretty placid on the road and if someone wants that piece of tarmac, they can have it. However, this guy put my life at risk, if he had waited until after the next corner, there would have been loads of passing places, which would have been cool with me.

Think they see a little orange scooter and think i`m some kind of push over

I keep really calm because I know when my red mist descends(very rare), I can act very irrational and wont think of any consequences.

That said, I found that venting on this forum rather therapeutic and next time i`ll try and control myself and vent here in the "nob" section.

Yeah, the Russians style of driving is not to be messed with. I have seen too many videos on youtube to know better.

That said, I`m glad you kept a lid on your red mist... because otherwise you`d have been another "car runs over biker" video on Liveleak :lol:

The nob of Saturday goes to the golf on the a52 towards skegness. Very twisty windy road with a limit of 50 maximum at some points rest 40. I had my gf on the bike with me and at one point where limit is 50 I overtook him and the car in front as they both seemed happy to travel at 40 I then foundmyself with a 1.5 ton car that I was towing as he was so close he must have been attatched. I slowed down and moved slightly over to lethim pass (as it was my gf firstlong run on the bike through twisties so didn't want to scare her or take risks) but he didn't want to overtake. I tried increasing speed which only worked until he caught back up thinking it was a game. It wasn't until I found a queue of cars that I could overtake and he couldn't that I could put some gap between us. When I got to skeg there was mad traffic and I had last laugh as me Nd the missus was walking up the high street after parking up having fag getting drink and we then saw him after we had finished navigating the shops in the arcade, so nice to be able to filter

The nob of Saturday goes to the golf on the a52 towards skegness. Very twisty windy road with a limit of 50 maximum at some points rest 40. I had my gf on the bike with me and at one point where limit is 50 I overtook him and the car in front as they both seemed happy to travel at 40 I then foundmyself with a 1.5 ton car that I was towing as he was so close he must have been attatched. I slowed down and moved slightly over to lethim pass (as it was my gf firstlong run on the bike through twisties so didn't want to scare her or take risks) but he didn't want to overtake. I tried increasing speed which only worked until he caught back up thinking it was a game. It wasn't until I found a queue of cars that I could overtake and he couldn't that I could put some gap between us. When I got to skeg there was mad traffic and I had last laugh as me Nd the missus was walking up the high street after parking up having fag getting drink and we then saw him after we had finished navigating the shops in the arcade, so nice to be able to filter

He who laughs last, laughs longest :salute:

He who laughs last, laughs longest :salute:

Indeed they do haha

No I just chuckled at him, he glanced over and no doubt recognised my missus as she has a white helmet with butterflies all over it so I just hope he recognised and thought hmmm I'm a twat and need a bike instead

Me!

Copied and pasted from my facebook status...

So I felt gutted/like a moron for leaving my gorgeous Shark helmet with gloves inside in a shop today, then my nan reminded me she once left my dad in a pram outside a shop and got on a bus without him...instantly felt better!!!!!

(I know which shop, will call em when they open tomorrow)

Lots on my mind lately - dozey cow! Fingers crossed I'll get it back - and my favourite and only gloves! Luckily have a spare helmet... :oops:

So I felt gutted/like a moron for leaving my gorgeous Shark helmet with gloves inside in a shop today ...

You rode home without helmet? :scratch:

So I felt gutted/like a moron for leaving my gorgeous Shark helmet with gloves inside in a shop today ...

You rode home without helmet? :scratch:

They had closed, luckily had Fozzie's spare helmet at my dad's and he drove it to me (he took my dad on the back of his bike recently :mrgreen: ). Had so much shite to carry, stuff on my mind, being dozier than usual and I usually keep my helmet in my toss box but that was full so I carried it.

Called the shop today and got it back!!!. Apparently it had rolled under a clothes rail. I bought them a box of chocs some fruit (cos in my experience someone is usually on a diet in a workplace and moans about chocolate haha!) and a bunch of flowers to say thank you. Phew!!! :angel1:

I've left my helmet on self service before and got to my bike and wondered where my helmet was so you're not the only one!!!

And errrr nob of the day is ermm me for not having a nob of the day to contribute to the nob of the day thread.

Nob

I bought them a box of chocs some fruit (cos in my experience someone is usually on a diet in a workplace and moans about chocolate haha!) and a bunch of flowers to say thank you. Phew!!! :angel1: [/color]

What? People complain about free stuff?? Nobs! :up: :mrgreen:

I bought them a box of chocs some fruit (cos in my experience someone is usually on a diet in a workplace and moans about chocolate haha!) and a bunch of flowers to say thank you. Phew!!! :angel1:

What? People complain about free stuff?? Nobs! :up: :mrgreen:

Yep! I've worked at 3 dental/orthodontic practices and there was aaaalways someone on a diet complaining about the chocolates/cakes/biscuits that were (ironically - dental?! :mrgreen: ) given to us as thankyous. And usually still ate it anyway :lol: . I always thought it was kind…but then I usually had some…and of course brushed my teef after :wink: :wink: hehe!

I've left my helmet on self service before and got to my bike and wondered where my helmet was so you're not the only one!!!

And errrr nob of the day is ermm me for not having a nob of the day to contribute to the nob of the day thread.

Nob

It's alright, you can retrospectively be a nob (I'm sure we aren't the only ones tho!), I can be a general dozy nob :mrgreen: .

I think I've managed to go a whole day today without doing something too dozey…holy moooooly!!

The muppet who almost smashed into me. I'm waiting to turn right in a lane specifically marked for traffic to turn right, but as it was busy the oncoming cars were moving pretty slowly, but no one was letting me turn right. I'm nit bothered as I was almost home and the weather was splendid and then the bike that was filtering past the oncoming traffic doesn't pay attention to the road markings and what was ahead of him almost rides straight into me.

I must admit it's not the first time it has happened of this road, but as the previous time was with a teenager on a scooter I thought the rider had seen me at least a quarter of a mile away.

The officious bi-atch in Thomas Cook in Cambs.

Popped in just before 4 to book up a holiday (they close at 4:30) and she said she didn't have time to serve us but she could book us in later in the week if she wasn't too busy.

Needless to say I enjoyed telling her how much business she'd missed out on and how much I was looking forward to giving it to one of her competitors.

Nob of the day is me!!!!! For believing the weather report that it was going to rain so I didn't take the bike out, I washed it though. I had up until half 2 for the bike as well before I had to take the other half to peterborough. And there's me kicking myself as I see all the bikes on the road, although did have a good drive in the evo :)

Major nob rant!!

Riding to the gym friday afternoon about 16:30. Been raining so a bit wet so i kept it at a reasonable speed in the 30 (30 lol) all of a sudden my spidey sense starts tingling as i see a girl on one side of the road waving as if asking someone to come to her. and a van on the otherside of the road i catch a glimpse of something (or someone) moving.

It's at this point i realise "f**k" as some 16 year old schoolgirl has just started to pelt it across the road from behind a van because her friend hasn't seen me (In a bright hi vis jacket and lights on) before i can react properly instinct kicks in and my hand grabs a big old handful of brake. Unfortunately it being wet the wheel locked up and i just skidded along. after about .5 of a second i feel the rear tyre coming around me and i realise it's only a matter of a second or two before im sliding down the road after just getting my bike working again. So i do the only thing i can do to save myself and the bike. I flinstones it. By that i mean i slammed both my boots to the ground and grinded along for about 5-10foot before i stopped without falling over.

I waited a few seconds caught my breath went down into neutral. I was about to have words with the girl who was shouting sorry as loud as she could. but i feel i would have said nothing "productive" so just left a little shaky and my heart in my mouth.

Could i have prevented this? Yes i could have seen her further ahead but i hadn't. Was this all my fault? No, Bring back the hedgehog crossing the road adverts because kids these days clearly don't know how to cross a VERY BUSY road.

Rant over.

because kids these days clearly don't know how to cross a VERY BUSY road.

Or maybe this was natural selection at work and you just f**ked it all up and let the weak genes back into the pool. Your decision to not run her over may well have doomed the human race forever. When the Apocalypse comes, just remember, its all your fault.

:up:

after about .5 of a second i feel the rear tyre coming around me and i realise it's only a matter of a second or two before im sliding down the road after just getting my bike working again.

Well done for not hitting her and well done for saving it.

But most huge well dones for recognising this feeling! The way to save the bike from here? LET GO OF THE BRAKE :D

Bikes have a wonderful ability to sort themselves out without the pillocks on top getting in the way