ebay mislead???

Guest petrolhead1989

Hey guys

Bought a variety of jets the other day, to re-jet my carb, as its running a tad lean since i chopped the end can off my pipe.. so thought id so a little re-jet, to make everything spot on again..

My engine is a Kymco CG 125 copy engine, 156FMI engine...

The carburettor is a CVK, which is similar to the GY6 carbs that are quite common on chinese/taiwanese bikes..

So the original jet in my carb is a 110..

So found some on ebay, and bought a variety of them, each step up from 110..

these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-JET-5mm- ... 3cd28126eb

and it dont fit.. And seller is refusing to give me a refund for them..

Although i pointed out that his title and info is very misleading then..

The title says Kymco (and i messaged the seller before purchase, and even he said they are suitable for zing bikes).. , and also says CVK, which is my carb...

In the description it states that they are for chinese bikes etc. Gy6, (which is very similar to the CVK ive got)

and says for 125cc+ which is also my bike..

But the jets dont fit my carb...

Everything he has stated on his title and description, match my bike and engine details.. But the jets simply dont fit..

Now, you be the judge.. am i correct, everything is clearly misleading???.. because dispite what is written, it doesnt fit what it clearly states to...

and he is refusing to give me a refund, so that i can go and buy some jets that actually fit..

me and ebay eh??? :lol:

:cheers:

Hey guys

Bought a variety of jets the other day, to re-jet my carb, as its running a tad lean since i chopped the end can off my pipe.. so thought id so a little re-jet, to make everything spot on again..

My engine is a Kymco CG 125 copy engine, 156FMI engine...

The carburettor is a CVK, which is similar to the GY6 carbs that are quite common on chinese/taiwanese bikes..

So the original jet in my carb is a 110..

So found some on ebay, and bought a variety of them, each step up from 110..

these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-JET-5mm- ... 3cd28126eb

and it dont fit.. And seller is refusing to give me a refund for them..

Although i pointed out that his title and info is very misleading then..

The title says Kymco (and i messaged the seller before purchase, and even he said they are suitable for zing bikes).. , and also says CVK, which is my carb...

In the description it states that they are for chinese bikes etc. Gy6, (which is very similar to the CVK ive got)

and says for 125cc+ which is also my bike..

But the jets dont fit my carb...

Everything he has stated on his title and description, match my bike and engine details.. But the jets simply dont fit..

Now, you be the judge.. am i correct, everything is clearly misleading???.. because dispite what is written, it doesnt fit what it clearly states to...

and he is refusing to give me a refund, so that i can go and buy some jets that actually fit..

me and ebay eh??? :lol:

Is it a company that trades on ebay or an individual seller?

If he trades on ebay as a business you are entitled to a refund regardless because of a wonderful little piece of law called the Distance Selling Act. The distance selling at protects consumers buying online or by phone. You don't even need a reason for a refund under the Distance Selling Act. Doesn't even matter that you have opened the product. You could have simply changed your mind. He would also have to cover any costs for you to return the items. Make sure you return with 14 days though. Make sure you make it crystal clear to him that by refusing he is breaking the law and that you will have no choice to report him to Trading Standards/eBay etc. Just to add, this is why it is ALWAYS best to buy online from big companies (Amazon etc) but most importantly mobile phone contracts. If you buy a phone contract in store unless the contract states otherwise (rarely do) your stuck with it. Do it over the phone and you can unbox it, turn it on have a play etc and still send back if not happy.

If he is an individual seller (not a business) then your only hope is to report to eBay for not selling what was described ie he misled you.

Just had a look, Scooter Assassins trades as a business. Basically, he is f*cked and has no choice but to accept the return so long as it is within 14 days. Doesn't matter if he has listed it as "No Returns" either.

Did you actually measure your old one before you purchased the new one?

I read the ad as fitting bikes *like* yours, not that it's specifically for yours...

It's only 3 quid anyway, go to Wemoto or somewhere instead.

I read the ad as fitting bikes *like* yours, not that it's specifically for yours...

Doesn't matter. Ad could have said "for Hot Air balloons only" still entitled to a refund.

Doesn't matter. Ad could have said "for Hot Air balloons only" still entitled to a refund.

Did I mention refund?

Who cares about that, it's cheap as chips. For me, I would be more concerned about the loss of time I'd incurred.

Did I mention refund?

Who cares about that, it's cheap as chips. For me, I would be more concerned about the loss of time I'd incurred.

Well your pointing out its not misleading because he wrote *like*...your bike.

Atleast that's how I read it. Hence my reply. [emoji4]

yeah i know its only £3, but i bought a variety of jets, so it adds up to more than £3 for me..

Wether its £3, or £30, its still useless to me, when the seller told me that it would be fine for a kymco zing, and the jets are for CVK carbs.. and clearly arent!

if you have copies of messages he sent you saying they would fit/be fine for your bike, then report him to ebay as the form allows you to add messages. i also believe ebay looks at any messages sent between you and the seller.

sounds to me that he misled you. and if he says returns accepted then so be it.

ask him again to refund you on return or you will open a dispute with ebay. that usually gets a fast response.