Car Mileage hpi discrepancies

Adam

Hi guys and girls been to look at a car for the misses which is in really good condition, it's a 55 plate Ford Fiesta with 45k miles 5 doors up for sale at £1650. It has full service history and a years MOT.

All seemed fine until we done a hpi check everything was okay until it came to the mileage there's a drop as seen in the picture below

Any ideas what that's about? Doesn't seem like clocking as they wouldn't drop the mileage to a round figure as it would be obvious.

image.thumb.jpg.ea72716c2e613cd41966e7f3af4a2af0.jpg

ask the seller why the drop in mileage specially if its showing up being during the time the seller has owned the car t hey will have no reaon not to know why,who is bvrla compared to main dealer franchise?

BVRLA is the British Vehicle Rental and Lease Association I think...... :shock:

Check the mileages on the MOT certificates......should show the last few years mileages...... :wink:

Yes that's who they are bob I did some googling and I'm not the only one that has had that come up, according to some people when the bvrla are looking at cars they do checks and usually just out in a rough figure of the mileage which would explain that. Going to go through all the service history and mots tomorrow so if all adds up we'll be buying it, which means no big bike licence for me just yet :'(

Went through all the service history and old mot's and everything matched up, I believe as Joe said someone couldn't be bothered to check the mileage. So bought the car and now I'm poor, but that means I can start saving for my big bike test now so hopefully I'll be doing that the beginning of next year :D can't wait!