losing hair...

ApolloMozart

My hair is leaving me... There is less and less of it...

I'm thinking about getting rid of what's left and shave my head. Is anyone here that is doing this? How easy would be to keep head shaved and what would be the best shaver (or something else) to use for this job?

Thanks

I use hair clippers without an attatchment once a week I gave up on my hair a few years ago now

Same. Although i let mine grow into a stupid mop, before shaving it off.. Once a week is far too much effort!

I use hair clippers without an attatchment once a week I gave up on my hair a few years ago now

Same. Although i let mine grow into a stupid mop, before shaving it off.. Once a week is far too much effort!

Well I aim for once a week for a hair and stubble trim but usually I just look like a homeless if I'm honest lol. I shaved mine off one morning because I coukdnt be bothered to gel my hair and it never grew back :o

My hair is leaving me... There is less and less of it...

I'm thinking about getting rid of what's left and shave my head. Is anyone here that is doing this? How easy would be to keep head shaved and what would be the best shaver (or something else) to use for this job?

Thanks

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/02/uk-health-and-beauty/babyliss/Easy-Cut-Clipper.jpg

Set to number 1 or 2 and use this...

A few of my northern mates were unlucky and started balding in their late teens and are now either bald on top or at varying degrees of balding. I knew some just used this product once a week and got someone (usually their mrs) to trim any bits they miss.

Failing that... Hair transplant? :lol:

It comes down to how much money you have and how much you care :wink:

Glue and old bits of carpet?

:up:

Our carpet is beige/orange and I don't really want to be confused with the gingers in our office.

I'm thinking about using my shaver (more or less daily) to make sure the hair is not getting out of control. I have a good electrical shaver and I think it should be good enough for the job. In the end is not that much hair to shave!

I started losing hair at around 18... Old days...

Losing hair is shit. But nobody else really cares as much as you do! Think about it - when you walk down the street and see a bald fella you don't think "look at him! Bald headed idiot", you probably think nothing of it, to you he's just a bloke.

In fact the only time I've really considered other blokes without hair is when I started to notice mine go. Never really bothered to do anything about it. I'm not bald on top, just thinner than I used to be. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, because there's nowt you can really do about it. Two of my brothers have tried Regaine, but I won't try it - 1) it's an extra expense that you'll have to continue paying forever, and 2) hair comes back all straggly and thin, not like you'd expect.

I bought a set of clippers from Asda, £14 I think they were. I don't want to shave my head all over because in all honesty I do have an odd shaped cranium, sort of pointy on top and flat around the back. So I bought some clippers like the barbers use, absolutely easy to cut your own hair for a trim on top and short back and sides. All I do is start with a number 8 on top straight down the middle front to back, work out to a 7 either side of the 8, through the numbers until getting to the sides and just work all the way down to a 3. If I'm careful I can even give myself a square neck if I use a razor and a mirror behind and a mirror in front. Usually get the missus to do that bit though.

Dead, dead easy. A lot easier to do than I thought, and the first time I did it I was forever checking in the mirror but now I just get on with it and barely check the mirror. And no I don't look like I've had a fight with a lawnmower before anyone suggests!

I got to the point you're at about 10 years ago now, only my hair kept growing, but instead of coming out of my head it grows down and comes out my ears and nose now. My wife keeps those bits in trim along with my denis healy eyebrows once every 2-3 weeks, I run my ordinary elctric shaver over my head quickly each morning when doing my face, keeps it smooth enough.

Got myself a new hair clippers set from Agros on Saturday and went over my head with the blade (no attachment). 0.8mm of hair left. Looking OK.

Thinking about having a go with the shaver, but something is holding me back...