Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Not going to say until I have had a good go at getting a deal will speak again and failing that have a word with someone else who wants to sell bikes. Not had any probs there before with silly rates. It was over the phone Friday so I'll go face to face. Still struggling to get a decent insurance quote though so it's only half my problem really, problem with not riding at least a year

Estate agents.

Where do they get their figures from? If a house is in a shit state and needs everything doing to it (i.e. ripping everything out and starting from scratch), it simply isn't worth the same as the minter next door that sold a couple of months ago.

Argh!

Last time I was looking I saw a lovely house. Got there and then found out the photos were 3 years old and they'd had it rented for the last three years. A 90 minute drive to see that shithole. I swear they're on pills. Got one round the corner, 1 bed less but immaculate inside and out, and 25k cheaper. How they get commission is beyond me sometimes.

When we were looking for houses in Southampton, they said, "Where are you looking?" We said "Basset and Freemantle. Definitely not Lordshill because it is a shithole". They said, "Why?" We said, "Because they're nice areas". They said, "We have just the very house for you!" We said, "Where is it?" They said, "Lordshill". (facepalm ...)

Harley Rider who wouldn't go over 30 after I turned off the A14 this morning. The speed limit is 60, but he was bimbling along whilst everyone was trying to get to work.

I was in the car as I'd dropped Poppy off this morning. I so wish I had the Dullville, but I don't have time to switch vehicles if I'm doing the school drop.

Utter oxygen thief dithering bumbling as*hole driver on the A12 this morning that nearly caused me to crashed into the back of them at 70...

Driving down past kelvedon turn on (south a12) see a car coming on so i lay off the throttle a little create a small gap for him. Car is going about 50 - 60 by now so i decide to itch my itchy nose.. as i lift my visor and scratch away (bliss) ar*ehole decides i've not left him a big enough gap and slams on his fudging brakes before realising IT IS BIG ENOUGH and tries to accelerate past me in his 1.4 something or other. So emergency stop with a van behind me and a car infront of me. Quickly dropped down 3 gears and accelerated into the clear outside lane before i got crushed.

Now i know i should have expected this to some degree. But i kind of hoped that as i had given this pathetic excuse of a driver a reasonable gap they would know what to do. Moral of the story. Accelerate past everyone flipping them off as you go.

Myself big time today..

Riding down the A12 stuck behind some guy doing 60 in outside lane with a clear run infront of him. After 10 minutes of him passing lorries at 1mph faster i had enough and did a dickhead move of undertaking him. As i roared past feeling pleased with myself. I failed to pay attention infront and if i had i would have seen that traffic had completely STOPPED. Fortunately my bike can brake quite well. Unfortunately for me the tread on my tyre is less than perfect.. (I'm getting a new tyre fitted tomorrow) as i pressed the rear brake in the slightly damp road. My bike suddenly felt lighter than air as my rear wheel slipped around behind me trying to get some grip. THankfully i kept it steady, steering my way out of the potential death i was staring in the face.. The most worrying part about it was a little voice in my head telling me i shouldn't bother i should just go down which creeped me out a bit. I pulled over for about 10 minutes checked the bike over and calmed down before i carried on but i feel ashamed with myself for being so impatient, that impatience nearly cost me my life.

Now you've learnt from that mistake you won't make it again, so look at it from a positive point of view. Maybe if you hadn't have pulled that move and scared yourself you might've done it another time and not been so lucky.

Anyway NOTD for me was the woman who stepped out in front of the car I was behind in Asda carpark coming from a blind corner which is uphill causing both me and the car to slam out brakes on and I imagine the rest of the traffic behind us as well... Knobblies + rain + hard braking don't mix too great.

Hats off to the pair of twonks in the two seater Mercedes sports car who decided that looking to see if there was any traffic coming before pulling out of a petrol station across three lanes of traffic then stopping blocking the outside two due to the queue for the lights.

How the hell I managed to stop the bike is a mystery to me because im pretty sure it wasn't supposed to go from 40 to zero in 15 feet. The back end started to slide but that wasn't a problem once I really had to lock on the front brakes bringing the back wheel off of the road.

I surprised myself at the loudness and profanity of my language but not half as surprised as the pair of idiots in the Merc. The queue cleared as I was getting off of the bike to give the tits what for but they wheel span off in a bit of a rush... funny really seeing as they were dressed all "street" and "gangster".

Really glad I overhauled the brakes in the summer!

Not going well around colchester lately for me.

Driving to the gym and came to the roundabout at avenue of remembrance (town end not lexden end) turned to go towards leisure world. and as i came off there was an audi driving in my lane skipping all the traffic like a massive cock. Thankfully no one was in the left lane as i swerved left in such a rush i would've smacked into them.

Traffic may be bad but it's no excuse to drive like a dangerous lunatic.

Was in the car that time haha. Bikes been garaged untill i get a new tyre. checked the tread it's pretty much dead on 1mm!! >.>

Bah... more than enough! The front on my R1 just lasted me 500 miles with 1mm :lol:

Nob of the day goes to

The guy on the brand spanking new kwacker that came round a roundabout giving it some great lean angles in the damp

Me thinking your going to come a cropper young man

Sure enough next roundabout he is on his arse :roll:

Nob of the day goes to

The guy on the brand spanking new kwacker that came round a roundabout giving it some great lean angles in the damp

Me thinking your going to come a cropper young man

Sure enough next roundabout he is on his arse :roll:

Saw something similar a couple of weeks back. An expensive way to learn a basic lesson!

05:55 this morning. Leeds rd Huddersfield heading towards leeds. Traffic lights with a turning into an industrial estate. I'm going straight forward. Lights turn green I set off when this total waste of oxygen goes through on red. Silver chavtastic corsa fe02 uh something. I stop rather quickly and avoid being hit. Thank the car behind for not taking me out. Set off after the little turd. By this point I feel he may have recognised the error of his ways ( im 6ft 3, 15 stone) I ask him a couple of times through the medium of hand signals to please pull over so I can explain the highway code.

Chavvy boys having none of it. Must have been doing 70 towards the 3 nuns roundabout before heading for the m62.

One consolation I think he may have a cleaning up bill because his arse definitely went!!!

05:55 this morning. Leeds rd Huddersfield heading towards leeds. Traffic lights with a turning into an industrial estate. I'm going straight forward. Lights turn green I set off when this total waste of oxygen goes through on red. Silver chavtastic corsa fe02 uh something. I stop rather quickly and avoid being hit. Thank the car behind for not taking me out. Set off after the little turd. By this point I feel he may have recognised the error of his ways ( im 6ft 3, 15 stone) I ask him a couple of times through the medium of hand signals to please pull over so I can explain the highway code.

Chavvy boys having none of it. Must have been doing 70 towards the 3 nuns roundabout before heading for the m62.

One consolation I think he may have a cleaning up bill because his arse definitely went!!!

pointless arguing with these oxygen thieves. They will never see the error in their ways, even if you point it out to them.

Super nobber goes to my apprentice who (I shit you not) fell asleep while I was showing him how to use some data analysis software.

I woke him up by banging my hand on the desk and immediately sent him on a lap of the science park - just over a mile. Shame he didn't bring his coat today. :-)

Super nobber goes to my apprentice who (I shit you not) fell asleep while I was showing him how to use some data analysis software.

I woke him up by banging my hand on the desk and immediately sent him on a lap of the science park - just over a mile. Shame he didn't bring his coat today. :-)

Hah.

I'm working on similar stuff mostly making spreadsheets though. Can get quite dull i often doze off myself.

">

• 2 weeks later...