Halfords - 120 Piece tool kit, stupidly cheap.

Fozzie

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage ... socket-set

Only £60 bloody quid, even the trade card doesn't get it for that. It's usually £160, but the lowest I've seen it drop is £90 during big deals.

If you want a great deal and a great tool set, lower cost really does get you a lot here :thumb:

Last minute Chrimbo present to yourself! Probably not on for long!

Just thought peeps should know!

Depends on if you think you'll NEED the parts.

Just bought my dad the 200 piece one for xmas so i'll be using that should i need to :D

Glad some have bought them, really a good deal!

If you don't need the tools, or already have them... Maybe this thread wasn't for you :lol:

I don't have long reach sockets, or impact sockets, and my array of screwdriver bits are badly damaged. So finding that little gem at £60 rather than spending £30-£40 for quality items separately, I now have a tool kit that when I work on a bike, I open one kit up as opposed to fumbling around with other sets and then struggling to put things all back in the right place again when I'm done and I have tools all over the floor :lol:

Pro series stuff is a good quality, I am a Teng Tool man usually, I have had a lot of their stuff, and I can't tell much of a difference between the two other than the Teng socket wrenches have a bit of a smoother click, although the spacings seem about the same.

I have had that kit for about 2 years now, never had a problem, quality is excellent for the price. no regrets on buying this :thumb:

Can you still use the Trade card for additional discount on these things?

Santa should be bringing me the cantilever toolbox for christmas (if I behave myself)......so I can sort my tools out as I've got all sorts of different sockets specific to the bikes......and front spindle tool........and big C-spanner for chain adjustment, etc. That are dotted around the garage on various shelves at the moment.......be nice to have them all in one place..... 8-)

Can you still use the Trade card for additional discount on these things?

Was waiting for that very question!

They will scan the card and check for you to see if it gets a better price.

If they find the trade card can't match the offer price of the tools/parts you are trying to buy. They will put those items through separately for you.

I asked and they were fine with it, they could perfectly understand why so providing you aren't dealing with an angry arse you should be ok.

Hope that clears that up, trade card users :thumb:

For this tool set, the trade card got close, but couldn't match the offer price.

May seem odd to drop it below trade prices, but if they've had a good run in profits and made their money for the batch. They will just sell the rest off very cheap to attract customers. And I like this :lol:

To clarify, when retailers sell at "trade price" they're usually still making a reasonable profit... So items on sale for less than trade are unlikely to be selling for an actual loss. End of season clearence discounts only really apply to seasonal products or products that are being replaced by a newer model; little sense in selling off a toolkit at a loss when you're going to make more of the exact same thing and sell them with a much higher margin in a few months. Sales get people through the door and convince them to buy things as gifts that they otherwise wouldn't, so the reduced margin is offset by the significant increase to sales volume. Plus it brings customers into the Halfords range, guaranteeing repeat business when they need other stuff in the future. Noticed that not one of the socket sets includes a torque wrench? Next time you're in the shop, check out how much margin they have on those things by asking how much discount your trade card gives. Hint: lots! And on another note; nearly all these toolkits have a lifetime guarantee. Where would the logic be in selling something at a loss that you may also have to replace in the future (repeatedly) at no cost to the customer? Retail suicide right there! Don't get me wrong, the trade cards are bloody great - but they're still making a few quid out of us each time.

/retailveteranflashbacks

So, as the offer price has gone up, the trade card may get the price down a bit...... 8-)

Always worth a shot :lol:

They didn't tell me the difference, but the guy said it's cheaper with the offer. On trade I saw it say 70-something on the till. So you'll get it for less now:thumb:

Couple of companies I worked for used this cheeky tactic, usually when they break even the bigger offers start, as any remaining units are sold entirely at profit, so they do these weekend deals to get more people into the store.

Will probably keep a sharp eye out for any more of these halfords offers that "beat the trade card" and post them as I find them.

Another one that does some good offers is Machine Mart, they sometimes even have "VAT free days" which just means 20% off, but I got my last torque wrench from there, it was on offer already on the VAT free day and I basically got it for £20, and it was part of their professional range.

We need a "bargain bin" thread. Save peeps money, and have shiney stuff :mrgreen:

when i see something i like the look of, i ask them to scan it to tell me the tradecard price.. sometimes offers work out better than tradecard discounts, so i just take whichever option is cheapest.

Yup, best way to do it. Also, if there a few different items available that will do the trick then it's worth price checking all of them as sometimes the more expensive items actually have more margin for them to work with!

Case in point, I needed a wrench that went up to 100nm for my chain adjustment - when using my trade card, the 50-200nm wrench was actually £20 more expensive than the 60-300nm model (obviously the 60-300 is the more expensive of the two under their normal pricing). Presumably the demand for the bigger wrench is higher and so they manufacture in larger quantities which ultimately gets them a better price from their supplier than the less popular wrench, but then because of the increased versatility they can justify an inflated price and make a tidy profit. Until we come along and ruin the party :ll:

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-120-piece-socket-set

Only £60 bloody quid, even the trade card doesn't get it for that. It's usually £160, but the lowest I've seen it drop is £90 during big deals.

If you want a great deal and a great tool set, lower cost really does get you a lot here :thumb:

I recently got the 200 piece professional set for £150. An absolute bargain.

I didn't really need it but there are socket sizes in the set I don't have and I thought it wouldn't hang around long at that price and with a lifetime guarantee it'd be rude not to!

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-120-piece-socket-set

I recently got the 200 piece professional set for £150. An absolute bargain.

I didn't really need it but there are socket sizes in the set I don't have and I thought it wouldn't hang around long at that price and with a lifetime guarantee it'd be rude not to!

dont read this...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52586&hilit=halfords+200#p835972

I got the 120 piece toolkit on saturday. I managed to get it for £50.15,as I have a toyota discount card which gets me 15% off. I didnt think they would with it being so cheap, but the halfords lad ssid its OK. Its a good set. Even the wife said likes it for that price.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419461745.562326.jpg.e57ee7b3955a02d5da6137479a3ae752.jpg