i got accepted :D

Guest petrolhead1989

well, i thought "stuff it", and applied for my shotgun licence.

had gun cabinet inspection and licence inspection today.

basically, some lady asking me questions as to why i wanted a shotgun licence..

and i was granted it :D

i now own a shotgun licence...

getting my gun next week sometime..

getting a AYA Yeoman over and under 12 bore, with 1/4" and 1/2" chokes, off a family member, for £170 :D

turns out, they arent very strict about it..

and only say no to mental health issues, if your badly issued, like attempted suicide etc etc

i now own a shotgun licence...

getting my gun next week sometime..

The world gets more crazy every day.

Just WOW!

Yup sure does

Says he learnt his lesson so gets a shotgun licence to shoot animals........

Well Done! Another gun-toting, meat-eating kinda person hits the road! :cheers:

I gave up many guns when they banned automatic weapons, then after they took away handguns I gave up! Used to be a crack shot back in the day...mind you - with my eyes now, it wouldn't be just a pin head I would be taking out! :lol:

You enjoy!

Nothing to do with your past, Petrolhead, but I have been against guns in any form since my RAF days of the 70/80's.

While serving in NI in 1981, I had heard of a young lad, about seven or eight I think, who was shot dead by a soldier patroling the Belfast streets. The little lad did what most little, immature, unthinking lads do and jumped out of a doorway with a toy gum pretending to shoot his mates. A soldier reacted instinctively and shot him.

Virtually everyone I know says I over-react but since my first child was born, same year 1981, I will not allow them to have toy guns.

I too grew up around shotguns. My Dad and my Uncle both owned and used them.

This was posted by you on your other thread the other day

and back on topic.. because like i said.. im done with that shit now..

you guys were right, sadly im unable to hold a shotgun licence.. I had a firearms officer come round my house today, as i arranged to meet someone, in relation to my criminal record..

the prison sentence and crime wouldnt stop me having one.. but, as some of you said.. Mental health, is a big no no..

the lady was very nice.. she said, its not so much the mental health.. its the fact that i require medication on a daily basis...

So, bought myself a new air rifle today instead... (well, yesterday now)...

I smell bullshit somewhere.

TBH the harsh response here was kind of expected.

My own opinion? You have a new born daughter, why are you buying these things?

Guns run the risk of inspiring a new kind of violence, in yourself or others around you. So I can't ever say they're a good thing.

The money you spend on guns and bikes should be going elsewhere, your kids.

We are at odds in how we handle money. I could do the same, but I view money as a tool for improving my own and others lives. I could have had an MT09, but instead, I put most of my dosh into a holiday with Moo, which as I'm happy with whatever, I've deliberately tailored to her to make it mind blowing for her preferences.

I could probably be in a position to do the same again next year, but I'm moving up north and thinking of getting a project specifically so me and Ricky have a whale of a time on it fixing it up and modding the tits off it. But that's just my own way.

But with kids? The attention switches to them. Their well being, their education, the things they are exposed to as youngster. I want them to see me doing all I can for them to improve their quality of life, and then want to do the same unto others when they can. Whereas you're off buying new chinese bikes and shotguns!

I'm not saying you don't deserve it, if you earn the dosh fair and square, you earned the right to buy whatever the hell you like. But when kids come into the fray, I think you need to be committed to them more.

That's just my take, no ill feelings towards you, this wasn't a personal jibe. Just a nudge on what should be a priority, you may well tell me countless things you do for them now but as you borrowed money for the new bike I don't know what's what really, I can only work off what I see and not what I know! And do you really need a shotgun?

This was posted by you on your other thread the other day

and back on topic.. because like i said.. im done with that shit now..

you guys were right, sadly im unable to hold a shotgun licence.. I had a firearms officer come round my house today, as i arranged to meet someone, in relation to my criminal record..

the prison sentence and crime wouldnt stop me having one.. but, as some of you said.. Mental health, is a big no no..

the lady was very nice.. she said, its not so much the mental health.. its the fact that i require medication on a daily basis...

So, bought myself a new air rifle today instead... (well, yesterday now)...

I smell bullshit somewhere.

yes, i arranged that day, so obviously dont come out the very same day..

That was the lady that came out the other day.

Originally i didnt think id get one, But after actually chatting to the firearms officer, instead of just reading up on the internet.

I actually got one...

what i said there, was the things i thought, as i just arranged things, But the actual firearms officer obviously cleared things up

pics of what?

got to wait for my licence paper to turn up.

they dont have it pre-printed with my ID photo on it, incase they refuse the licence.

so just waiting for it to be delivered :D

I doubt you have any livestock to protect, and just because you live in the country it doesn't mean you need to go out shooting the wildlife.

So, what exactly are you planning to shoot, cats by any chance?

I doubt you have any livestock to protect, and just because you live in the country it doesn't mean you need to go out shooting the wildlife.

So, what exactly are you planning to shoot, cats by any chance?

no im not..

i am joining the Cambridge Gun Club, to shoot clays..

just like my family do..

i have no interest in hunting livestock...

So the original lady who saw you who said taking meds and your criminal history is a big no no when comes to shotgun licence was making it up? I hope you have many years of fun at the gun club and we don't see you on sky news....

Is the process for a FAC pretty straight forward? I'm vaguely toying with the idea of joining the local club for target stuff so I'm interested in what you need e.g. cabinets/costs etc.

From what I remember, if you're rifle target shooting you need to have been a member at a gun club for 3 months attending regularly and they have to sign you off as 'ok'.

Then you apply to the police who will come round and check your gun cabinet which should be a big steel thing screwed to a wall.

Not hugely complicated if you've got a clean history. Most expensive part is buying a gun usually!

Thats for rifles though.

You dont shoot livestock either. If your going around shooting cows and sheep your doing it wrong.

It dose sound fishy though.

Ive been through the process, they dont tell you if you have been granted when they come around to look at your security.

The firearms licensing officer can only reccomend it be granted or declined to the head of police. In your case i would hope its been looked at in detail.

As for the other comment about spending all your money on your kids that made me lol, deffinetly didnt come from someone with kids.

I have 3 kids, ive spent alot of money on guns and ive got a scope ontop of a rifle that probaly cost as much as a holiday.

If he spent it on bike parts that answer would be completly diffrent.

As for the other comment about spending all your money on your kids that made me lol, deffinetly didnt come from someone with kids.

huh? Ive got two kids.. A 5 year old boy, and a 7 month old daughter???

if you see in the General Chat, I have a topic about her, "my xmas pressie" or something,

about her being born???