Not 1 but 2 Marathons for charity

Medic

As the majority of members here are male, this will possibly appeal more to us than some.

One of the Paramedics I work with has just signed up to not 1, but 2 marathons this year including the new Yorkshire Marathon - anyone mad enough wanting more info on this one can click this following link

I've already sponsored her at work yesterday but I said I would post her JustGiving Donation Page link on here for any members who may want to donate.

The link to Julie's page is HERE

Anything you can give is cool, be it £1 or £100, it all makes a difference.

If this isn't excuse enough to donate, have a look at the following shocking prostate cancer facts:

• Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK.

• In 2009 in the UK around 40,800 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer, that's around 112 every day.

• Over the last 40 years prostate cancer rates in Great Britain have tripled, although much of the increase is due to increased detection through widespread use of the PSA test.

This sparked an idea this morning for a possible ride we could look at organising this year to help raise even more money for prostate cancer, if we get enough interest - maybe look at joining with other forums and doing one MASS charity ride and really put our name on the map as a site (alongside other forums). Separate post about this HERE

What I would ask (and this will serve to both generate more interest in our site and any charity ride we do) is if you do donate online, please add a supportive message and also some brief advert to promote TMBF with a view to doing this charity thing. We'll prob look at doing it in the summer.