slow speeds in traffic

HarveyBlue

a few little questions really, wth my test in mind. when im approaching say a roundabout in slow traffic am i wrong to have both feet down? i find im a bit wobbly with one foot up covering rear brake and other dragging. what does everyone else do? and is having both feet down going to get me minor faults? thanks guys.

for the purposes of your test, while stopped in slow traffic, keep your distance from the car in front. use your rear brake and left foot down. once the traffic starts moving again, use the skills you picked up for mod 1 slow riding to slowly move behind them. don't trail your foot, instead lift it up and put it on that peg. you'd be surprised how slow you can ride! Remember to keep your head up and try to look past the car in front, it will make balancing a little easier.

• 4 weeks later...

Once you start to move get your foot up on the peg as it is much easier to balance this way. If you trail your feet (Which is a no no on the test) it puts your balance off and you will wobble. HTH. :wink:

• 2 months later...

Of course, once you have passed your test, feel free to do whatever you want :-D

I find the riding/driving tests a basic standard. Basically, do what they want you to do for a tick in the box and find your own comforts afterwards, if I am in stopped traffic at a red light (with the exception of being first at the lights) I tend to put the bike in neutral and have both feet down because I'm lazy and my clutch is heavy lol