Riding two abreast

G-TT600

I like to pull to the side of my buddy while we're riding together, and sometimes stop side by side at traffic lights.

I'm not talking on national speed limit roads through the heart of Wales... more like 30 MPH Urban roads or slow moving traffic.

My question is whether this is legal?? I assumed it was but he questioned me whether is was illegal and introduced doubts in my mind.

if you are going to do it you need to have your mate on your left at ALL times!!!

this is because its far easier to flip his kill switch at the lights and ride off leaving him there but he cant do yours :lol: :lol: :lol:

apart from that I dont think there is a law to say you cant :?

• 4 weeks later...

There is nothing in law that states that you cannot ride 2 abreast, you just need to ensure that your actions do not cause other road users to alter course or speed.

but no law against it unless you crash in which case it'll go against you.

Why would it go against someone in a crash? It would all depend on the evidence and the circumstances, so to make a carte blanche statement like that is missleading and inaccurate.

• 1 month later...

I would not do it as little furry things sometimes bolt out of hedges and its a reaction to swerve away from them. Also if your riding by their side your concentration and visibility will not be on pot holes, gravel, dead badgers, mud, etc etc (all out to get you). Instead of *cough* "pulling at his side" I would make do with just looking at his bum n maybe pulling when you get home. :D