any good youtube videos on riding?

stantheman

I watched a few roadcraft nottingham before i did my CBT/tests

Best way to learn is go out and do it. Go out for a rider around your twisties and you'll soon feel whats right and what aint.

hi guys. stumbled across 'twist of the wrist' on you-tube the other night and wondered if anyone has anymore recommendations for good videos on improving riding skills?

There are plenty on there that display bad riding :P I watch a lot of the ones where people crash or have near misses to try and pick out things that I can avoid doing and the main things to be on the lookout for when riding myself.

Only thing that's really going to improve YOUR riding is getting out there and putting yourself on all kinds of different roads and routes, watching any amount of videos isn't going to change your ability to control your bike and better or worse, could also have the opposite effect and encourage you to pick up some bad riding habits.

Also try to ride in all sorts of conditions, wind, rain etc.. anyone can wizz around on dry roads on a warm sunny day, you'll soon learn a few things about control and forward planning when it rains.

Only thing that's really going to improve YOUR riding is getting out there and putting yourself on all kinds of different roads and routes, watching any amount of videos isn't going to change your ability to control your bike and better or worse, could also have the opposite effect and encourage you to pick up some bad riding habits.

Also try to ride in all sorts of conditions, wind, rain etc.. anyone can wizz around on dry roads on a warm sunny day, you'll soon learn a few things about control and forward planning when it rains.

One example of rain riding..... hadn't had much experience of it and was going a bit to quick and attempted to stop. Fortunately there wasn't much traffic. I kept the bike shiny side up though and fishtailed through the lights and stopped somewhere in the middle of the junction.

It was rather impressive that I didn't slide out. The second I felt the back start to slide I eased off the rear brake. I don't recall thinking about it, it just kinda happened.