polite hi vis

Stu

<t>Polite hi vis tosser or not?</t>  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Polite hi vis tosser or not?

• tosser
    • non tosser

I couldn't care less if a person wears hi viz or not, with or without poliute written on it, that is their personal choice. However I do object to people who just slag someone else off for simply doing what they believe to be right,ergo wearing this stuff makes you a tosser.....simply No it doesnt

Yes... it does.

Just like me reving my bike at the lights to show off that I have a loud R1 and think I'm cool makes me a tosser too, but who cares!?

...You sure you don't own one of these [strikeout]tosser[/strikeout] high-vis vests?!

Having myself a reet giggle reading all this - never knew there were so many fashion experts on the motorbike forum!

Who are any of you to judge what other people decide to wear on a bike? If it's legal (and there's no "bordering on illegal" - something either is legal or it's illegal. It's binary) who really cares?

Am I a tosser because I used to wear a white helmet? Some might say so. Some might also say I'm a tosser because I wear a high viz, sans "Polite", whereas others would say I'm just safety conscious.

Are folks who get their knee down on roundabouts tossers? Some might say yes, others might say "they're just enjoying themselves".

But when it comes down to motorcycle fashion, haha I'll just keep laughing at all you Gok Wans out there!

Next there'll be a moan about people sitting at 70mph in the outside lane trying to overtake, holding up all the "non-tossers" behind wanting to go faster. Imagine that!

*edit: please can we have a poll for all the tossers who wear full on power ranger leather suits? what tossers they are...or am I generalising?

Edited by Pete

*edit: please can we have a poll for all the tossers who wear full on power ranger leather suits? what tossers they are...or am I generalising?

Leathers are fine... THIS is where you have to draw the line :)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/13/article-2073689-0F28CEAA00000578-249_634x626.jpg

http://www.leathernext.com/uploads/4.jpg

Leathers are fine... THIS is where you have to draw the line :)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/13/article-2073689-0F28CEAA00000578-249_634x626.jpg

http://www.leathernext.com/uploads/4.jpg

Oh i like where did you get that pic from do they have a buy it now

Not feeding the fire but... These style of 'Polite' vests have been around a lot longer than a year.

I voted 'tosser' not because of the vest - It is rather the type (in the main) of people who wera it - I too have seen these people ';bully' their way through traffic as though they have the same rights as a police biker on a call.

I have an Orange vest that says 'Umpire' on the back - It is flourescent and it was free! I don't normally wear it - it only gets put on when I am off on the bike in very poor viz (fog).

As to personal opinions - that is what they are "personal". I don't care what the basis is - they are "personal". I don't like bananas and that is my personal view. If you like bananas, so be it - It does not change my opinion, nor does it effect my life.

Time to draw a close to this thread (no I'm not a moderator) and start a new one on.... 'Countersteering'.

:angel12:

Think the fact people wear them purely because it says POLITE on them and they want to make people think they are coppers is the issue.

Nothing wrong with wearing hi vis but come on these take the piss.

A few horse riders near me wear them and they also have the matching chequered band round their hats too just to make them look even more than police.One woman even has a ponytail that just so happens to cover the T.

First time I ever saw her I was sure she was a copper doing a local patrol on a horse.

No reason to buy these over the other hi vis jackets other than to be a prat imo

Think the fact people wear them purely because it says POLITE on them and they want to make people think they are coppers is the issue.

Nothing wrong with wearing hi vis but come on these take the piss.

A few horse riders near me wear them and they also have the matching chequered band round their hats too just to make them look even more than police.One woman even has a ponytail that just so happens to cover the T.

First time I ever saw her I was sure she was a copper doing a local patrol on a horse.

No reason to buy these over the other hi vis jackets other than to be a prat imo

My feelings on the matter exactly, couldn't have put it better myself!

I might get a Polite jacket and white helmet and scare a few boy racers into thinking the cops now ride sports bikes ;)

I'll join you if you do and we can polite the streets together :lol:

The way most people drive, 'IMPOLITE' would be more accurate.

It could start a trend.

'WRONG WEEK, DONT F*CK WITH ME'

'BABY ON BOARD. NAH JUST KIDDING'

'MY OTHER HI VIS JACKET IS A PORSCHE'

'CAUTION, SUDDEN COUNTER STEERING'

To name but a few.

I'm sorry mate..I didn't realise that my having driven everything from a moped, JCB, 7.5 ton and minibuses for a living ... not forgetting the car of course alongside the riding a bike for 40+ years means I dont have any driving experience....course not...wow...I need to surrender my licence immediately...

Fozzie I have managed to survive more than one near death experience on both bikes and in cars, I have also raced on 4 wheels...so please don't try to imply that I know nothing about bike or car driving.....

Or maybe you would also like me to ...hang on I will...

WELL DONE FOZZIE..YOU TOO HAVE WON...please go collect your prize.....or look in the mirror and smile because you have won the arguement/debate....well done that man.....there does that make you feel better.....sigh

Last chance,

don't come on the forum.

Wow...I'm sorry Fozzie I didn't know you were one of the moderators and had the right to throw me off the forum....

No but I am so stop using selective quoting to change the context of what people are saying!

I might get a Polite jacket and white helmet and scare a few boy racers into thinking the cops now ride sports bikes ;)

Erm....actually, they do........there's a plain black Fireblade that gets used around here.......video recording equipment stashed in the tank bag....... :shock: There's a force using an unmarked Busa too..... :wink:

Last chance,

don't come on the forum.

Wow...I'm sorry Fozzie I didn't know you were one of the moderators and had the right to throw me off the forum....

No but I am so stop using selective quoting to change the context of what people are saying!

or what??????

Gonna throw me off??....go on thenmate you do that.....if it will make you feel big and good about yourself....and if you read it properly I didn't use a selective quote i used the part that I needed but then an education is a good thing in my case

Wow you really have got issues haven't you Derek.

No I'm not going to kick you off so you can go running to anybody that will listen to your ramblings, you've been out of order on this thread its been noted by more than me so maybe its you that needs some extra education.

You did exactly what I accused you of and if you can't see it then please stop using the quote button.

If you have a problem with this you can always pm stu again...

Wow you really have got issues haven't you Derek.

No I'm not going to kick you off so you can go running to anybody that will listen to your ramblings, you've been out of order on this thread its been noted by more than me so maybe its you that needs some extra education.

You did exactly what I accused you of and if you can't see it then please stop using the quote button.

If you have a problem with this you can always pm stu again...

oooppss I used the quote button again....damn... :up:

Derek you need to change your POLITE jacket for this one, which is a bit more appropriate apparently... :mrgreen:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/5364d936e4b09805d564a83f/t/53d7b218e4b033bb6ba10297/1406644762742/