polite hi vis

Stu

<t>Polite hi vis tosser or not?</t>  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Polite hi vis tosser or not?

• tosser
    • non tosser

LOL love it... 4 tossers.

I was filtering one time and this guy was kicking tyres telling them to move for him. He was a tosser and just happened to be in a POLITE vest... burn the things!!!

no hi-viz required.. just use a sticker to inform the world.

available in two styles.

http://i.imgur.com/Zx9zqd7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J3vHwck.jpg

I chose Tosser but only because there was no option filled with enough angry bile to express how much I think they and the wearers of are pathetic little shitestains that are stealing oxygen that could be breathed by actual people.

I chose Tosser but only because there was no option filled with enough angry bile to express how much I think they and the wearers of are pathetic little shitestains that are stealing oxygen that could be breathed by actual people.

They are the same breed of tosser who records people overtaking to give to the police...

We can hope while they are not paying attention to the road either because they are trying to get a good shot of someone speeding, or feeling high and mighty in his polite jacket that they end up going into the back of someone...

I don't want them too harmed of course, I want them perfectly aware of the mistake they made, the highest trees have the furthest to fall :twisted:

:lol:

So having "polite" on a Hi vis is classed as protection? I think not

I don't care if people wear Hi vis that's up to them but the polite shit is bollocks

So having "polite" on a Hi vis is classed as protection? I think not

I don't care if people wear Hi vis that's up to them but the polite shit is bollocks

Obviously your opinion differs to mine then Stu :up: Can you substantiate that "is bollocks" remark? Like why is it? How is it? etc

On the other hand why isn't it? What purpose is it serving? Is it going to save your life or will it make people panic and do stupid shit because they think its the police?

On the other hand why isn't it? What purpose is it serving? Is it going to save your life or will it make people panic and do stupid shit because they think its the police?

I don't believe most people "panic" when they see the police....bit of an exageration there....but then again maybe some of you do I don't know...

I think the point of it is people act like arses when the cops arn't about. So when you act like a dick to a biker and he passes you and you briefly read what you think is "Police" on a high vis, you might think "Shit i should be more careful".

Now i know drivers should be more careful (riders to we make just as many mistakes) but it is a "scare" tactic as such. I personally don't have a problem with them same as people who wear all black and ride around with their lights off =D

I sit here and wonder why there is so much bile being vented against someone who merely wants to give themselves the best protection they can??....beyond belief

Kevlar jeans, helmets, leather..... these are protection. A hi-vis is not and a hi-vis with a thinly veiled attempt at looking like a copper is also not protective.

These vests enable sad little fantasists to get a bit closer to living out wannabe copper wet dreams. These vests serve ZERO safety purpose over a bog standard hi-vis they are just a way sad little nobodies make their pathetic worthless existence more bearable by indulging in fantasies of power. They are in the same league of pathetically sad as the freaks that buy service medals on eBay then go hang round their local memorial wearing the things or the fantasy dreamers that buy cuts and cover them in Sons of Anarchy/fake club patches.

I don't believe most people "panic" when they see the police....bit of an exageration there....but then again maybe some of you do I don't know...

The whole reason I voted tosser is because I've been in lane 3 on the motorway when a passing lorries in lanes 1 and 2, as the car ahead emerged he saw a "polite" bike in lane one whilst doing 70-75. But as he was slightly over he hit the brakes dropping to the mid-60's, I had to slow suddenly as I didn't expect him to do it, and the people behind me had to hit the brakes, and it's in these situations it just takes someone not quite paying enough attention to go smash.

As bikers most of us wear High vis for the one reason we are *Aware* that a lot of drivers aren't very attentive.

So to wear something that could cause an inattentive driver to do something unpredictable gets a strong tosser vote from me... He's aware what inattentive drivers are like, but seemingly unaware he has the potential to turn them into a hazard.

And for what? So he can dress up like a copper. Selfish if you ask me...

Based on the guy that got pulled over by me the other day on my dads pan euro that looks like a police bike... people do not adjust their driving to police LOL.

As stu says really.

To add to that, the other week there I'm on my daily commute to work and there's roughly 10 bikes following this POLITE guy because he thinks he's the don and they are more than happy to allow him to think that. Naaaa mate, not me... eat my R1 exhaust fumes you tosser and get yourself a normal high vis vest :up:

YAWN......

Tell you what ...lets all slag off that w**ker on a 400 Kawasaki that was on the wrong side of the road "getting his knee down" cos he's a "real biker" isn't he....the one that forced me to swerve violently and nearly come off....

You know the one..,. "the real biker"...not someone wearing a hi viz vest....oooohh like I was...

but thats ok cos he's a "real biker" he gets his knee down on the corners....

What a laugh....

Edited by acting_strange

YAWN......

Tell you what ...lets all slag off that w**ker on a 400 Kawasaki that was on the wrong side of the road "getting his knee down" cos he's a "real biker" isn't he....the one that forced me to swerve violently and nearly come off....

You know the one..,. "the real biker"...not someone wearing a hi viz vest....oooohh like I was...

What a laugh....

What is this in response to? Just sounds like an emotional outburst. No reason or rhyme :shock:

We're not discussing what a "real biker" is. We aren't putting people who wear high vis down.

We were having a pop at those who go one step further and near on impersonate a police officer. By that logic it's at least something that gets close to being illegal, so you can't expect people not to complain.

I have a problem as it could cause a hazard unnecessarily, so by that right I have a problem with things causing hazards, which would include your kawasaki 400 rider. He rides like a tosser, you agree, so why can't I say someone choosing to dress like a police man is a tosser? (an act as aforementioned is bordering illegality, serves no added protective purpose, and causes potential hazardous situations)

So calm down a tad... It's a discussion, leave the chips on shoulders at home!

YAWN......

What a laugh....

What is this in response to? Just sounds like an emotional outburst. No reason or rhyme :shock:

We're not discussing what a "real biker" is. We aren't putting people who wear high vis down.

We were having a pop at those who go one step further and near on impersonate a police officer.

I have a problem as it could cause a hazard unnecessarily, so by that right I have a problem causing hazards, which would include your kawasaki 400 rider.

So calm down a tad... It's a discussion, leave the chips on shoulders at home!

no one is "impersonating" a police officer by wearing a hi viz vest with "Polite" on it....if they were then quite simply they would be prosecuted as it is an offence.

And please don't patronise me by telling me to "calm down" ...I don't have any chips on my shoulder and I am quite calm thank you very much but merely abhor those who choose to slag someone off simply because they do something that doesnt fit in with their personal ideology....It's both childish and negative....both of which we can do without IMO

Hence I said it was bordering illegality, one letter off, I wonder what someone wearing it would think someone could mistake it for :lol:

I wasn't patronising, I said calm down, read your last posts back, you went on a rant and then slagged someone off.

"big girl in a playground" a tad sexist and condescending I might add. Hateful words from someone who hates slagging off.

And personal ideologies? You've been presented with a reasoned discussion, a personal experience from my part, and it's the majority view held. Rather than present a reasoned argument back, you've had a rant. You are the source of the negativity. If you wear a polite jacket accept why some people dislike it greatly but put forward your own points.

At least don't practise what you preach disgust towards...

Like I said, calm down, keep things cool and collected. Discuss. If you want to use strong language do so, but use it constructively.

no one is "impersonating" a police officer by wearing a hi viz vest with "Polite" on it..

so what are they doing??

what is the reason behind having "polite" on a high vis

what is the purpose of it?

does it save your life?

And as you know I drive for a living so I see lots of shit on the roads on a daily basis and when people do see a copper they shit themselves I have witnessed coppers pull up to a junction and people slam on just to let them out!! why is this? they dont have blue lights on they are a normal road user until them lights are flashing so why do people feel the need to slam on and stop in a 40 zone at last minute because they see a copper?

wearing a high vis with polite on it can have the same affect IMO its more dangerous than no high vis

no one is "impersonating" a police officer by wearing a hi viz vest with "Polite" on it..

so what are they doing??

what is the reason behind having "polite" on a high vis

what is the purpose of it?

does it save your life?

And as you know I drive for a living so I see lots of shit on the roads on a daily basis and when people do see a copper they shit themselves I have witnessed coppers pull up to a junction and people slam on just to let them out!! why is this? they dont have blue lights on they are a normal road user until them lights are flashing so why do people feel the need to slam on and stop in a 40 zone at last minute because they see a copper?

wearing a high vis with polite on it can have the same affect IMO its more dangerous than no high vis

my god this is really very simple....they believe, quite possibly wrongly, that having the word polite on the back gives them yet another layer of protection from the bad motorist. Furthermore just because you have seen the odd idiot panic doesn't mean that everyone, or the majority does.

my god this is really very simple....they believe, quite possibly wrongly, that having the word polite on the back gives them yet another layer of protection from the bad motorist. Furthermore just because you have seen the odd idiot panic doesn't mean that everyone, or the majority does.

but all it takes is one idiot to panic and you're dead :wink:

oh actually the "polite" will save your life damn I forgot about that :roll:

oh I haven't seen the odd person panic I have seen a lot! I merely gave 1 example