Digzy

<t>Hire, Buy or Take Lessons.</t>  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Hire, Buy or Take Lessons.

• Hire a 125 for a week
    • Buy a 125 - sell it when done
    • Take lessons and just go for test

Hey Dudes and Dudettes!

So im getting more and more antsy about getting on my future bike(whatever that may be).

Problem i have is this;

i havn't ridden or taken any sort of lessons now for about 4 months, i only really touched on mod1 and mod2 bits when i had...

Now, do i go with a new trainer... (i moved, different area, etc) or shall i just hire a bike for a week and get as much experience as possible?

Thing is im a bit strapped for cash as i own a stupid expensive car to run... selling it as we speak... so don't want to get stung by a new teacher stringing me along, nor do i want to hire a bike and not know what to study. I mean i have youtube. thats about it - i don't know any bikers in my area :tumble:

My other option is buying a 125. but i don't imagine myself keeping it as i have my heart set on a street triple... *drools*

Lessons, as some of you may know / remember, usually set you back about £60 - i reckon ill need between 4 - 8 hours in total to feel confident. so approx £120 - £240.

Buying a bike, again as some of you may know, is going to be above the 1k mark.

Renting a bike for a week, is £87.50 .... plus a £750 holding deposit...

Im inclined to just take the lessons and hit the tests.... but then i think, for the price of £87.50 i have a whole WEEKS worth of free time and car parks...

I'm 25, so will be doing my DAS, im fairly confident on 2 wheels, but im still a newb.

Is there any ideas or recommendations.

Also if anyone lives in Bedfordshire, i wouldn't mind getting to know some fellow bikers :)

If you have money for a holding deposit on a 125 while you hire it, suck it up, book DAS course which includes bike hire and get it done. I'm assuming you have current CBT and a theory pass ?

No need for a 125 at all.

Did my DAS with 1on1 Training at Barton le clay with Martyn. I'd recommend them. Go straight into DAS IMHO. It shouldn't be much more than £500 to get you full A licence all things being equal.

Did my DAS in march/April and the got Street Triple R. You will not be disappointed! Great bike.

That's where I work! I'd recommend Dave at Chiltern Motorcycle training. He does have a website and Facebook page. Top bloke.

haha, what is it you do?

Yeah ive spoken with Dave,i got his mobile number, will be giving him a shout on the weekend.

Did my DAS in march/April and the got Street Triple R. You will not be disappointed! Great bike.

haha, nice. whats the fuel like on it? price of full tank / how long it lasts?

Also, where are the pictures! :twisted:

i do love the triple, but im not a massive fan of two things on the 'R'

- The rear number plate holder

- The Headlights

Do you find the seat low? according to the specs ive seen its 32" high.

Just sounds low to me.

haha, nice. whats the fuel like on it? price of full tank / how long it lasts?

Also, where are the pictures! :twisted:

i do love the triple, but im not a massive fan of two things on the 'R'

- The rear number plate holder

- The Headlights

Do you find the seat low? according to the specs ive seen its 32" high.

Just sounds low to me.

I have got a13MY and on average get just over 60mpg. So tend to fill up towards the 200 mile mark. The good thing about the Street is that you can just bimble along if you wish but have a lot of ponies there if you want or need them!

Looks wise, there is very little difference between the R and non-R.

The pictures are the Street Triple forum! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

uploadfromtaptalk1416398871182.jpg.49c21941006775f8e7fa0f332116ebaa.jpg

Looks wise, there is very little difference between the R and non-R.

Ah right, maybe i mean the older model then, the one with the round front lights.

im jealous though, it still looks like aload of fun..