• Yes, always
    • Only if they have a specific type of bike
    • Only if they wave first
    • No, never wave

• 4 weeks later...

I am a friendly biker!

I nod.

I usually get a nod back, possibly helps being a girl :lol:

Was out yesterday, stopped to turn right at a junction to allow a car to turn from my left into the road I was on, 4 guys in the car. They clocked the bike, then me, and I got big smiles :D :D

Mind you, I look much prettier with my helmet ON! :lol:

I usually get a nod back, possibly helps being a girl [emoji38]

Yep.. I'm sure most men would rather nod at a biker girl all the leathers etc than a big fat sweaty hairy 16 stone man any time :D

Not that I am a big fat sweaty 16 stone man ;)

Recently upgraded from the CBF 125 (on L plates) to a Fazer 600 - number of nods returned significantly increased! (YAY!)

Debating now whether I should still nod at the guy i used to see every morning on a CBF125 ....

I noticed when I graduated to a 600 From a 125 the number of nods increase.

I don't normally nod on the motorway as I'm too busy watching the idiots on my side of the barrier! If I do see a bike on the other side though I will nod back.

Recently upgraded from the CBF 125 (on L plates) to a Fazer 600 - number of nods returned significantly increased! (YAY!)

Debating now whether I should still nod at the guy i used to see every morning on a CBF125 ....

Lol, I had exactly the same thing with a guy on a Fazer that used to see on my commute, he ignored me twice when I was on my 125 before I gave up, now I'm on a 600 he nods..although I can't bring myself to ignore him......I'm weak...

I passed 6 bikes today and only one of them nodded. It makes me reluctant to nod in the first place because I'd probably get ignored. Although, I was wearing a hoodie and joggers so they probably thought I was a local chav :lol:

I rarely wave in the UK. Sometimes I may nod if I'm filtering and another biker is filtering from the other direction. I do most of my waving for when I'm on the continent. It's so much easier when riding on the right hand side of the road to wave or give a thumbs up with your left hand. Plus, most bikers you see over there on the mountain roads are happy tourists on a trip, not harassed commuters!

I always try and nod back to any I get, but sometimes I'm busy concentrating on something, I'm still learning having just done my mod 1 today. I'm usually just happy to be riding so nod at anyone out there!

I passed 6 bikes today and only one of them nodded. It makes me reluctant to nod in the first place because I'd probably get ignored. Although

I wonder how many out there want to nod but don't want to be ignored, so, two bikers thinking the same, neither want to nod first, result, noone nods, both bikers ride on thinking ignorant so & so ?

I was wearing a hoodie and joggers so they probably thought I was a local chav :lol:

That fits in with my nod test yesterday, I was wearing a black hoodie over armor, I got massively less return nods than normal.

I passed 6 bikes today and only one of them nodded. It makes me reluctant to nod in the first place because I'd probably get ignored. Although

I wonder how many out there want to nod but don't want to be ignored, so, two bikers thinking the same, neither want to nod first, result, noone nods, both bikers ride on thinking ignorant so & so ?

I was wearing a hoodie and joggers so they probably thought I was a local chav :lol:

That fits in with my nod test yesterday, I was wearing a black hoodie over armor, I got massively less return nods than normal.

Well from now on, I'l nod first and see if I get more nods back :thumb: