Suggested route - Dales...

Phil

Had a wonderful ride out yesterday, thought I'd share it....

https://goo.gl/maps/svej4

Link will probably only work in a full browser, doesn't work on a phone.

Nidderdale is great with small twisting and steep roads.

You'll notice I took an unintentional detour to Middlesmoor. Lovely little village, be warned though there's a rather hairy 1:4 incline to get to it, plus it doesn't go anywhere (perhaps for a 4x4 on the track road but not a sports bike!)

Lofthouse to Masham is wonderfully quiet, isolated and unspoilt.

Hawes was heaving with bikes as ever on a decent day.

The run out of Hawes on the Ingleton road is absolutely sublime and well worth it just on it's own. Wide, fast, sweeping bends dropping down towards Ribblehead Viaduct is Picture-postcard perfect.

11164045_10153267381748679_3531889347467834035_n.jpg?oh=242af2261afd0372e84af9dfaade3a9e&oe=5597724A

Looks a good run Phil, how did you create your map ? did you record the route while you went along with some gps device or did you know where you went & mapped it out on google back home on your laptop ?

cheers :cheers:

It was during a car ride from Reeth to Hawes last year that made me want to get a bike!

Hopefully later this year will be up that way again- this time on a bike :D

Yeah certainly sounds like buttertubs. One of those roads I've always fancied, but coming from Bradford side it always seems like it doesn't go anywhere and may as well turn around and go straight back the other way.

I just did the route on Google maps and created a short link for it. The web based version of it you can do up to 10 via points.

Nice looking ride. I cycled up buttertubs for the Tour de France last year, took us over an hour to walk off as it was so busy. Somewhere else for me to explore on the motorbike.