JJ's Neonatal ICU charity ride

fq-craigus

Hi people, i am hosting a charity ride in aid of the Nottingham City Hospital Neonatal intensive care unit.

Some background.

On 28th april our close friends Carla and Micheal after spending a week in the nottingham neonatal ward where she was transferred to because of a comlication, gave birth to JJ weighing in at 1lb 9oz and 16 weeks premature.

Because of how early he was he was very poorly, lungs wernt properly formed along with many other abnormalities commonly found in premature babies.

He is now the longest staying baby in the icu at 79 days. his parents have been travelling to and fro since his birth, cherishing every moment they get to spend with him and savouring the small moments they get to actually hold him.

The work these units do to save the lives of these tiny miracles is endless and tiresome but day after day they do their best and save lives.

Various friends and family have been raising monies in different ways and it is our turn to show the support that the biking community is capable of.

there has been a charity week in a local One Stop shop where Carla and my other half works, another stores store manager is having her head shaved, cake sales ect.

Onto the event

date Sunday 16th August 2015

starting point is Boston Lincs, Wide Bargate carpark PE21 6RY

meeting at 11am leaving at 11:30am

destination is Motortown Cafe, a46, Market Raesen, lincs LN8 3SF

the ride will take approx 1 hour 10 mins and take you through some of lincolnshires great roads. All motorbikes are welcome, from 125cc and up. this will not be a race.

Depending on numbers i may need a couple of voulenteers to help marshal the bikes on the route and help collect donations so anyone who maybe interested please contact me via txt or pm on here, contact details below.

Donation will be £5 minimum upon arrival at wide bargate. And for those who cannot attend but would still like to donate you can do this here: http://www.gofundme.com/wqx324

For those who are not able to make it to start point for any reason ie:late, or maybe you live close to destination, please feel free to make your way to the cafe and meet us there.

The cafe have agreed to hold discounted prices on food and drinks for all those attending and donating to the charity event. I am also contacting local bike shops in the hope for some raffel prizes so bring a bag people you may get lucky ;)

lets hope the weather holds off and stays nice, however reguardless ill be there and taking one for the team in the name of a good cause.

Anything i havent covered feel free to ask, and if possible please list below if attending so i can inform the cafe of numbers.

A facebook event will be created so feel free to share and i will post up as soon as i have sorted it.

Thanks for reading

Craig

Edited by fq-craigus

yup same here cant see the event on facebook

did you get my pm :thumb:

Just replied pal.

I think a booby has been dropped while creating the event on facebook and its set to private i think, ill get this corrected tomorrow and hopefully get it up and running for all to see

No one with bikes round these ways up for a nice ride and raise some money. And maybe win them selves a £50 sportbikeshop voucher? Or some kids lego if you like that sort of thing?

I would have dude but its a 2 1/2 hour trip to the start line for me. Im currently in redbourn until i move to milton keynes soon.

I'm still trying to find people to ride with down here. lol.

Best of luck with it all though, hope you get a decent turnout, as for publicity, ask local bike dealers if you could stick a flyer on their desks, give people buying a new bike a chance to ride it ;)

Reason i say this was i was approached by a guy buying a new bike when i was perusing, he told me of this rideout and invited me along, never had a better reason. lol.

Hope the day goes well and ride safe

I would have dude but its a 2 1/2 hour trip to the start line for me. Im currently in redbourn until i move to milton keynes soon.

I'm still trying to find people to ride with down here. lol.

Best of luck with it all though, hope you get a decent turnout, as for publicity, ask local bike dealers if you could stick a flyer on their desks, give people buying a new bike a chance to ride it ;)

Reason i say this was i was approached by a guy buying a new bike when i was perusing, he told me of this rideout and invited me along, never had a better reason. lol.

Hope the day goes well and ride safe

Redbourn is near my old stomping ground in Luton.

No worries pal thanks for the reply. Yeah gets a lil tiring riding alone doesnt it, im sure you will find some people soon.

I have some posters arriving this week some time that ill be putting in local shops so fingers crossed ill gain some more interest.

I'm not going to be able to make this

I need to work the Sunday so I can have the following Saturday off for a wedding!!

hope you have a good turn out

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

This event is gathering some momentum locally and now have a bike garage donating a service and or mot for the raffle too. Chance to win one of two bottles of Jack Daniels with a fun game and providing weather holds up on the day a promising turn out for a nice sunday ride

• 2 weeks later...

No probs niel.

Weather looks promising and the list of prizes been donated is rather cool.

£50 sportsbikeshop voucher

Shoei roll along kit bag

Mot and svs at local bike shop

Taxi ride to any uk airport from around boston

Bottle of Jack Daniels

And nay have one or two more

The biker menu is on discount for all those taking part in the charity ride and also those who arrive at end location without a bike

Hope to see some of you at wide bargate, boston sunday morning at 11am

Well a succesful day was had.

I didnt get around everyone there today but met KD79 thanks for coming.

We raised £463 on the day and still have the sweetie jar comp thats running until next sunday to add to total.

Nice ride to cafe and had around 20 to 30 bikes on the ride although we lost the trikes before we left boston but they made their way there in the end. Most people filled their faces with the great food. I didnt manage to get any pics apart from th meeting point as i was all over the place all day and now tired.

Glad to hear this was a good day guys!

tis a shame it wasn't closer, i don't mind making a trek usually, but it was a little out of my range i think for a comfortable day.