Lexmoto Arizona

Guest alisalski

Just don't, you'd be much better off taking all the cash and throwing it in a fire it would be much less stressful.

I'm sure RantMachine and Glorian will be along to tell you why you shouldn't buy one, they're both previous owners of Chinese bikes.

oh look the chinese bike is crap post straight in there.

not had the lexmoto, but chinese made bikes dont have a brilliant reputation, you'll get a lot of chinese bike bashing here, probably justified but still very negative.

if your buying with cash, have a look around for a ybr custom its probably a better bike and you wont loose too much money when u come to sell/trade it in.

but then you have the pitfall of the second hand market, no warranty and no guarantee its not gonna die on you 10 mins after you buy it....

despite wat people say, buy what you like, it is your money, your enjoyment and overall your bike journey.

my experience is with a kymco bike (pictured below) and after a few months of interesting developments, the replacement bike i have had has not missed a beat, not the fastest but very solid and balanced.. ideal for learning and commuting.

the bike itself will look great in the showroom.

you might get one with good electrics, you might not.

most things are stamped steel as opposed to cast, so they're a bit weaker when forces you're not supposed to exert on them are exerted.

the tyres will be crap (easily remedied)

the plastics will be brittle (if there are any)

the chrome will pit, even if you give it close attention.

parts network is near none existant. so replacement parts will be a challenge.

good luck on getting dealers to honour manufacturer warranties. they will pretty much wash their hands of you!

of all the chinese bikes i've seen, the lexmoto doesn't look the worst. but bear in mind that for the same money, you could buy a japanese machine which is a few years old, but will not lose its value so quick and will be easy to shift on when you want something a bit bigger.

i forgot to mention the pros:

they look ok. (could also be a negative!)

soll is correct. there is going to be a lot of chinese bike bashing. the honest truth is they're getting better. but they're still not at the level of the map bikes just yet.

for a cheap run around - i suppose you can't beat them.

not had the lexmoto, but chinese made bikes dont have a brilliant reputation, you'll get a lot of chinese bike bashing here, probably justified but still very negative.

Oh look the chinese bike apologist post straight in there :lol:

Bored of typing the whole "why you shouldn't get a Chinese bike" thread. Tl;dr - Lexmoto are shite.

Oh look the chinese bike apologist post straight in there :lol:

Bored of typing the whole "why you shouldn't get a Chinese bike" thread. Tl;dr - Lexmoto are shite.

Rant... :P

technically mines taiwanese so not included ...lol

if you decide to buy a lexmoto (i own a lexmoto and rag the nuts out of everytime i ride it, and never have an issue)..

then dont tell the beautiful people of the forum what top speed you had out of it..

because, even if you provide 3 different source's of speed capture, they will still chat horse shite.. :lol:

problem with this forum mate...

people believe whatever shit they wona believe, and DONT LIKE being proven wrong..

if you decide to buy a lexmoto (i own a lexmoto and rag the nuts out of everytime i ride it, and never have an issue)..

then dont tell the beautiful people of the forum what top speed you had out of it..

because, even if you provide 3 different source's of speed capture, they will still chat horse shite.. :lol:

people believe whatever shit they wona believe, and DONT LIKE being proven wrong..

what an excellent way to keep new members on the forum at the end of the day everyone has their own opinion on each model of bike granted some are good some not so good but to make the whole forum look bad is down right rude as far as im concerned........................................and on that note i guess i better go for the night before i step in more horse shite

• 3 years later...

Hi

Aged 64 just got a bike

last had one in 1980 and waiting to do C B T

Got a 2013 Arizona only done 7.5 K

last M o T OCT 2016

Not pristine but no major rust paintwork ok

not the fastest but runs perfect starts everytime first time off electrics and normally just a couple of kicks

will pass its M o t no problem ( my opinion)

Had 4 prevuious owners so i suspect any major problems woild have been sorted by them

My first bike was a lexmoto aspire.

Pros: cheap to fix, lightweight, simple bike to learn mechanics on.

Cons: cheap parts, bad fuel filter, rattles itself loose if you dont keep an eye on it, electronics and upgrades drain power and you will spend a lot of time charging the battery of you don't do over 5 miles on it everyday.

Break caliper came loose mid ride once.

Had to clean out the carburetor a lot.

Tank cap was crap and leaked in water often.

Alarm drained the battery so I had to remove it in the end.

Any secondhand lexmoto will last you a week before you have problems. Brand spanking new one maybe a year.

Invest in a good sexond hand Honda or Apilla, but wouldn't recommend lexmoto.

Edited by LifeofPhil

what an excellent way to keep new members on the forum at the end of the day everyone has their own opinion on each model of bike granted some are good some not so good but to make the whole forum look bad is down right rude as far as im concerned........................................and on that note i guess i better go for the night before i step in more horse shite

He did call us beautiful

Ran a Lexmoto Arrow for 15 months. Had no problems and it was not a rust bucket. Sure not as refined as a Japanese bike but then it cost half the price. Few minor niggles but nothing major. Parts are cheap and as long as you regularly maintain it like you would any bike they're fine.

Dave

if your buying with cash, have a look around for a ybr custom its probably a better bike and you wont loose too much money when u come to sell/trade it in.

but then you have the pitfall of the second hand market, no warranty and no guarantee its not gonna die on you 10 mins after you buy it....

despite wat people say, buy what you like, it is your money, your enjoyment and overall your bike journey.

my experience is with a kymco bike (pictured below) and after a few months of interesting developments, the replacement bike i have had has not missed a beat, not the fastest but very solid and balanced.. ideal for learning and commuting.

YBR's are made in China .

Anyway this is a thread revival from 2015 so the Lexmoto has probably biodegraded back into the earth by now . A bit like horse shit .

Anyway this is a thread revival from 2015 so the Lexmoto has probably biodegraded back into the earth by now . A bit like horse shit .

:lol: that made me laugh, I'm pretty sure OP would have changed to a bigger bike by now too. Hope everything goes fine for [mention]biglesbo[/mention] though!

• 6 months later...

I literally registered just to comment on this.

I have a 2014 lexmoto Arizona. I got it at 7K miles. It needed a new battery and the brakes were seized on the front. It will get to 60 easily enough and hold. The issues I have had so far.. the brakes still haven't been fixed properly, that's on me and I had to change the headlamp when I came off the bugger on my second week riding, oh and the headstock bearing. I am just coming up to two years now and this bike has been nothing but reliable. It's stored in a garage. I generally keep on top of maintenance. I have had to change the back tyre a few weeks ago because the seal broke and it went down... after 13k miles and 6 years of running though. This bike cost me 250 quid and has been my daily commute. It has cost me in total including mots has cost me maybe 400 quid. It will do 300 miles on a tank, insurance is a tenner a month, 16 quid a year road tax. As a daily commute that I have ran through two winters. I can't complain at all. There was a time when people used to shit on the Jap bikes, things have come a long way. If you want something, cheap, fun, reliable and bloody easy to source parts for and work on. Get a lexmoto. I will be doing my test this year and getting something a bit bigger but for my first bike... it has been golden. You can slate away with your deep pockets. I don't care. I know what I know.