Helmet/Bike Camera why dont you have one?!?!?

What a drama queen!

If you really want to improve your safety, why not just have two cameras?? 200% chance of not getting hit then... ;)

If you really dont come back, ride safe... Don't let your stubbornness and unwillingness to listen make you just another statistic that impacts the rest of us.. But if you do, make sure you get it on camera ;)

I didn't think people took the internet seriously.... Especially not this lot :mrgreen: I was actually enjoying the discussion. I think it's similar to the hi vis debate. I've debated getting both currently have none but never say never ey!

Anyways fellow ninja rider hope you don't actually go I really want to know if you manage to hunt down your bike demons :)

Like I said, cameras are cool. I've captured a lot of good stuff on mine, but I never once thought they made me safer, and i ride (when i get chance) with one on the bike and one on my lid.

I've got one on my bike........you'd have to look pretty hard to see it though...... :wink:

Yeah, I've got to agree that having it on the bike doesn't make me safer or feel safer.........that's what further rider/driver training is for........ :wink:

Bugger,

I wanted to know how much use a camera would be if you got rear ended at a t junction and got knocked into the path of a passing HGV

or

if you had a helmet camera and your journey sliding down the road on your head concludes with a broken neck because you had a camera attached.

This is got to be one of the friendliest bike forums around with a lot of knowledgable and experienced people. Shame he decided differing views of a personal choice were enough reason for wanting to leave. We all need to respect that not everyone is going to have the same views as themselves and agree to disagree.

Bloke joins the forum yesterday and asks why people don't have a helmet/bike camera. Either he wants to sell you all one or he is a vlogger. He didn't get the response he wanted so has flounced...probably onto another forum. I don't imagine he was looking to seeing any of you at a forum meet anytime soon.

The whole point of a forum is to discuss and make your points/opinions. Unfortunately we don't all agree but that is what makes us human. Sorry it upset you that we disagree cameras make it safer on the road but they don't. Just youtube a road rage clip. Quite often here the line "You're on camera" responded with the line "I DONT GIVE A f**k". Camera is useful for insurance but i doubt any rider on here is ever 100% "Within the law" it is likely to be used against them.

• 4 months later...

There is pros and cons on this subject. You just have to pick which side your on. Me I've got a few, and one set up in the car, running all the time. It's saved me a few time. But as I said, each to there own.

John933

I ride defensivly and imo that is the best you can do.

I have a camera and have used it attatched to my lid many times but of late ihave not as im not too keen on sticking it to my lid. I wouldnt mind keeping it on the bike but its a faff as i cant leave it on the bike for obvious reasons.

I actually only got it as a little side hobby or observation videos online but my daily travel to work and back is over in 10 mins and by far too boring, and my weekend blasts out will probably lose me my licence for one reason or another or stuff my friends up so i end up leaving the thing at home.

On top of all this in the back of my mind its something that when stuck to the helmet changes the shape of it and can be snagged on passing things should i come off and can potentially cause more harm. I know this is far fetched but plausable.

If you want one then get one if not dont. But all in all ride defensivly

I have a GoPro. I attach it to the tank on my motorcycle, and to my helmet when I'm cycling. It has come in very handy twice recently for legal reasons, and funnily enough, one of them was getting rear ended whilst sitting stationary at traffic lights on my motorcycle. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6qc7r0yFvo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1iALp83SDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The incident on the push bike has provided much humour for my friends and family. :D

Edited by Wynne G Oldman

I have a GoPro. I attach it to the tank on my motorcycle, and to my helmet when I'm cycling. It has come in very handy twice recently for legal reasons, and funnily enough, one of them was getting rear ended whilst sitting stationary at traffic lights on my motorcycle. :wink:

Just watched the video on your youtube channel.

Is that at the lights by the petrol station before you get to the M66 roundabout?

Is that at the lights by the petrol station before you get to the M66 roundabout?

Certainly is. If you listen to the recording after the impact, when I ask him "What Happened?" He replies something along the lines of "My windows were a bit misted up." He later told me that it was his first year driving. I'd hate to see his next insurance quote.

Certainly is. If you listen to the recording after the impact, when I ask him "What Happened?" He replies something along the lines of "My windows were a bit misted up." He later told me that it was his first year driving. I'd hate to see his next insurance quote.

That road seems to get more than it's fair share of idiot drivers. But those lights do change quick.

I used to have a business in the old pilot mill on alfred street, so used to do that stretch far to often.

Hope you're ok?

That road seems to get more than it's fair share of idiot drivers. But those lights do change quick.

I used to have a business in the old pilot mill on alfred street, so used to do that stretch far to often.

Hope you're ok?

I'm fine thanks, apart from a couple of bumps and bruises. It appears that my bike is a cat D write off though, so I'm now looking at getting a new bike. Currently, my first three choices are a 2008 Moto Guzzi Breva 750, a Kawasaki ER6-F or a 2015 Honda CBR300R. Decisions, decisions.

One point I would like to make is that since I've been riding with a GoPro, it makes me think twice about doing something stupid whilst recording it. In that sense, I do think that it makes me a safer rider. These people who do all sorts of stupid things and then post them on Youtube make me laugh. I mean, why would you provide the Police with evidence of crimes that you've committed? It takes a special kind of stupid to do that. :D

Currently, my first three choices are a 2008 Moto Guzzi Breva 750, a Kawasaki ER6-F or a 2015 Honda CBR300R. Decisions, decisions.

I think we all know which one I think you should get :lol: :lol:

But bad luck on the write off - glad you're ok :thumb:

Currently, my first three choices are a 2008 Moto Guzzi Breva 750, a Kawasaki ER6-F or a 2015 Honda CBR300R. Decisions, decisions.

I think we all know which one I think you should get :lol: :lol:

But bad luck on the write off - glad you're ok :thumb:

I know, I know. The Guzzi is top of the list at the moment, but I really liked my CBR250R and the CBR300R that I'm looking at is less than a year old, still has another year at least of warranty left on it, is quite a bit pokier than the 250, will be much cheaper on fuel than the Guzzi, and has ABS. I like the Guzzi because I think it looks sexy, is shaft drive, very easy to self service and is pretty light for the type of bike it is. The ER6-F is a good solid all rounder, that's quicker than the Guzzi, but still has decent service intervals, and I like the way that it handles. I'm still undecided though.