noise limits.

cockercas

Ok, so ive looked into other tracks as i had a awsome day at cadwell last week.

But other tracks have lower noise limits then cadwell.

Cadwell is 105db limit.

I know someone who lives near mallory or whatever its called, but thats a 98db limit with ride by testing. Theres no way i can loose 7db and my bikes not the loudest by a long shot.

How do others make the test limit?

One of the baffles of ebay?

Would they knock it down by 7db?

Cadwell was ok, but according to the net other tracks noise test you before track time then moniter you as you ride.

Would a baffle restrict prefomance? I suppose its just restricts the gasses exiting the engine so it isnt working as good as it could be, so that should mean power loss.

it not necessarily the track itself that has the limit...different track day providers do different limits, and you'll often find weekdays and weekend limits are different

Really? I thorght it would of been set by the council.

I looked at Mallory, it was 98db when I looked.

Mine tipped 106 at Snet the other week and got told I needed to sort it or I might trip the track sensors.

I went back 10 mins later, revved to 6k instead of 7k and got 99. ;-)

Didn't get black flagged the whole day either.

depends as I said... the 8th august at Mallory with no limits is 103db, whereas the Saturday one we have booked for the 30th is 98.

ive also done donnington on a 'quiet day' , 98db with focussed events, whereas trackdays.co.uk have 2 days listed in august as 105db.

Yes, unless they pulled a big enough lead on the straights. Then your left playing catch up.

That was the problem at cadwell. Out of barn, litre bikes would pass you on the straight, pass them between coppice and Charlie's then they would do you on park straight again.

Actually with a baffle in you will gain more mid range which will give you punch out the corners which will leave them struggling to catch up

And as cat said a well ridden small bike will kill big bikes on the right track

I saw a 125 and a zx10r battling at cadwell and the 125 won

I have a set of db killers off eBay and they do work

They only cost a tenner each

It depends what can you have too as to whether they will fit and you may have to drill a small hole

• 2 weeks later...
that's bull... a 400 ridden decently will eat bigger bikes on the corners

On sunday there was a 125 in the fast group at rockingham and he was going past all of the big bikes. There isn't much of a straight at rockingham (national) so the big bikes couldn't use there power to get past him :lol:

• 2 months later...
I have a set of db killers off eBay and they do work

They only cost a tenner each

It depends what can you have too as to whether they will fit and you may have to drill a small hole

Are these bike/pipe specific?, I've got an Akra slip on and I didn't get the baffle with it, would really rather not mess around putting the standard exhaust on, which I've heard it pretty close to the limit itself!!.