feedback, cadwell footage.

cockercas

">

Some footage from cadwell on friday.

I got laps down to around 1.54 the fastest been 1:53.

If you watch the footage chuck me some feedback.

People are blind to their own mistakes and i need to make another 10seconds at least.

In theory i just need to go half a second quicker into every corner and half a second quicker out.

Thankyou.

Great day by the looks of it, weather looks perfect.

Im by no means at your level but from watching this, your body position needs to be more egsadurated, imagine you are trying to put your head out and in front of the bike, outside arm should be nearly straight and head out where the mirror would be. This will help get your weight lower down in the bend and you can get on the power a lot earlier. Also setting yourself up for the bend, at the moment you are moving to one side of the bike ready to turn but basically doing it as one movemnt, think a corner ahead, set yourself up way before while your on the brakes so when you get to your tipping marker thats all you have to worry about.

Hope this helps buddy. Lap times will always suffer when your out on track with people slower that you because you cant always use your line and have to overtake on bends which makes the bend slower so maybe your ready to move up a group, you can then follow them and see what they do and improve that way

Looks like an awesome day! I'm super jealous because I'm on a temporary ban. :-(

My constructive criticism is similar to FQ - don't be afraid to hang off a bit more and wrap yourself round the inside of the bike - your outside arm and leg should give you good anchorage against the tank and whatnot. Setting yourself up a bit before the corner always helps knock time off as it gives more time to relax in to the corner.

It looks like you're trying to push hard to bring your time down and I'm guessing you weren't that relaxed. I don't know about anyone else but I get that way when I'm desperately trying to make gains and 9 times out of 10 I'm actually slower because of it!

I try to relax and enjoy the corners rather than hammer it round which makes the times tumble.

Technique wise, I'd say you were a bit snatchy on the throttle on some corners but then I can't see the traffic. You tend to down throttle, shift down and slip the clutch quite quickly on the run up to a corner - blipping the throttle/clutchless shifting will help smooth things out and give you a more stable platform. Smoothness = Gains!

Finally, you're only using about half the track half the time - don't be afraid to run a bit wider - especially turns 1 and 2.

Extra finally, we should sort a day out - friendly competition always helps! :-)

You can get an idea of the hang off position from this clip mate. http://youtu.be/-YAiXqOwkmE

If you're seriously getting into it then book yourself on CSS day. They will teach you loads.

I know someone who just fancied doing the level and after the day ended up doing all the levels over time and is now a club racer.

They have days at Cadwell, but for the best experience get on at Silverstone.

The cam dosnt show the best body position but my head is further over then it looks. It is were the mirror would be and i only shift 1 bum cheek of the seat.

Il get a cam mounted on the front pointing at me so i can double check im consistant at it.

Comming round gooseneck and mansfeild i was trying to get elbow down lol.

Fro, point out were im only using half the track please so i can have a look (if you dont mind). Cadwells got some odd lines to set yourself up for the next corner.

I know i take the mountain abit tight and should exit more left.

The main area is between 2 and 3 - you can sling it quite wide between them and carry a bit more speed. I don't blame you for going central on the mountain, I wouldn't want to hit that anything other than dead square! :-)

• 3 weeks later...