Cock o the North

tuktuk

Yes, racing only Sunday this year. The bast*rds at Scarborough Council have stuck their noses in for some reason.

Not sure where the name came from, but I love the double takes that I get from wearing my t-shirts with it blazoned across the front :lol:

Might be going up for the Sunday, depends on family and work, probably won't know until late.

Cock of.

It's a term in Yorkshire meaning best of.

I.e. Cock o north means the best in the north.

P.S.

Cock is also a term of endearment in many parts of Yorkshire. Mainly west n south.

As in "alright cock".

So is not offensive in the slightest.

One day this year because the spring cup was over 2 days whereas that was traditionally a 1 day event.

Ah i see. I should have known as a good mate is a yorkshire man.

Nobody else going then? Im heading down from Newcastle tomorrow with a mate, weather is looking pap but i cant wait!

Il try and get some photos.

No. We are giving this one a miss.

Lads had rugby this morning and just off to watch the firsts and due to the weather tomorrow I am being soft!!!

So far this year got soaked at spring cup, barry sheene festival and Donnington. ...lol

First sidecar race, one of the bikes dropped its oil over the start finish. They kept saying 20mins for about an hour, then asked fire brigade to hose it off but they never arrived so people just started leaving.

• 2 months later...

They ran the Cock o' North Race at the Gold Cup Event due to that spillage. Second time that the side cars have caused delays :lol: :lol: But I'll forgive them that for the brilliant entertainment they bring.

Anyways, the calender for next year at Scarborough has changed, and all events have TWO DAYS RACING, but camping is now advance booking only :cheers: :thumb: :

Spring National (Bob Smith Trophy) - 16th & 17th April

Cock o' The North (Inc. European Bikes rally w/parades and exhibitions) - 25th & 26th June

Barry Sheene Meeting (Classic bikes and Japanese Rally) - 23rd & 24th July

Steve Henshaw Gold Cup - 16th & 17th September

Me and the Mrs are looking at the Cock o' North and Gold Cup, as it coincides nicely with my expected holidays :thumb:

Should we get an "Official" Olivers Mount thread going? Seems to be a few of us around, and i love spreading the word about the events there.

http://www.oliversmountracing.com