Track Day Discussion

chris128

I was at Rockingham on Sunday and think that is my last one, but you never know might find one when it's my day off and weather is looking ok. Hoping to go Spain early next year for three days. A couple of mates are on about it so will see what happens. Got to do Brands and Oulton this year so only Mallory and Croft left for me I think. Really liked Oulton but not so keen on Brands

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Got loads of msv vouchers if anyone fancys a msv trackday

You paying? :-D

MSV seem to have more weekend slots this year - haven't looked elsewhere yet as I still need to use my bloody voucher. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Freezing cold but loved it!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/tuktuk_photo/Mobile%20Uploads/20160428_132931_zpsps7pw6a4.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/tuktuk_photo/Mobile%20Uploads/20160428_150952_zps824fy1id.jpg

Was a massive eye opener, would recommend doing one to anyone that hasnt already.

Only got 3 go's on the track with the weather. Managed to scrub off my full tyre on right and on very edge of left so not too bad for a first attempt and at 1 degree C lol.

Day didnt exactly end as planned though.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/tuktuk_photo/Mobile%20Uploads/20160428_192130_zpshqjw0x8v.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/tuktuk_photo/Mobile%20Uploads/20160428_192119_zps9ctryxgs.jpg

Starting to pack up but car was locked, sat my helmet next to the passenger door and went back for rest of kit. Someone needed the car moving so they could get their van out, mate jumps in the range rover and reverses straight over it lol. Done its job though... my gloves and glasses were inside and werent damaged!

Bloody unlucky that mate.

Thats the only thing with spring days, the bloody weather.

As in what sort of tuition?

Theres not much to it.

If you can ride a bike without falling off then you will be fine.

Book a day in novice group. Croft will be your nearest track.

Plod around it, no limits do offer free tuition in the day but novice group is just that, novice.

Your not going to be braking any lap records so just make sure your havving fun. It is the aim of the game.

Plod around it, no limits do offer free tuition in the day but novice group is just that, novice.

Your not going to be braking any lap records so just make sure your havving fun. It is the aim of the game.

I just want to know what I'm doing wrong/what I could be doing better to make me a better rider on the roads.

I classed myself as a capable rider before I did my first track day - 11 or so years on a bike, quick on the road, knee down on roundabouts, that sort of stuff. The thing I took away from my first track day apart from wanting to do it again immediately was that the bike's capabilities easily surpassed my own.

You really get a feel for how far you can push it and be perfectly alright. In the space of a few session it clicked that it wasn't riding ultra aggressive that makes you fast but being smooth and controlled that knocks chunks off your lap times.

Like Cocker says, don't worry about booking up tuition in advance, just get yourself booked on a novice day as most places lay on freebie sessions in the paddocks and 1-1 track tuition at a cost.

You get all sorts of people on any manner of bikes at novice days and it's a really fun and friendly atmos.

My main bug is I've this in-built feeling the bike is going to walk out from under me which then severely limits any form of lean, giving less turn, meaning I roll of throttle mid corner and run wide on all roundabout exits.