moto gp - is it worth going too

BikeLoverKai

I was thinking the same. I was looking at going to stone this year.

Is there anyone who's been to moto gp before that has experience of where to watch and if it's worth it ?

I enjoy it, been many times to Silverstone. If you want grandstand seats, club or village areas are very good view points. Club you see them come from Stowe, through vale and club then up to abbey. Village you see them exit farm, through the loop and then disappear just before aintree. Can also catch them just through maggots/becketts

We've been the last three years and planning on going again :mrgreen:

Friday is the quietest and your can go anywhere to watch the practise sessions which is a great way of scoping out where to watch from in future! Normally we sit at becketts for the race (warning it's a wind tunnel in that stand wrap up warm)

But this year debating with watching from village.

They have the riders for health gear drop off points in the car park so you don't have to lug your gear about and it's a fiver or so.

Great atmosphere walking around lots of stands and a few bikes to go sit on.

:mrgreen:

Probably going to stay in the Kents hill park hotel again which is a slightly weird place but cheaper than most and only 30 odd minutes away. And they have a pool table in the reasonably priced bar!

We've been the last three years and planning on going again :mrgreen:

Friday is the quietest and your can go anywhere to watch the practise sessions which is a great way of scoping out where to watch from in future! Normally we sit at becketts for the race (warning it's a wind tunnel in that stand wrap up warm)

But this year debating with watching from village.

They have the riders for health gear drop off points in the car park so you don't have to lug your gear about and it's a fiver or so.

Great atmosphere walking around lots of stands and a few bikes to go sit on.

:mrgreen:

Probably going to stay in the Kents hill park hotel again which is a slightly weird place but cheaper than most and only 30 odd minutes away. And they have a pool table in the reasonably priced bar!

Watched from village a few times, its good. Recommend it. Lots of skittles into that lovely 90* right hander before the hairpin

I've been to a few Donnington always a nightmare to get out,Silverstone I enjoyed as they had the euro fighter do a show but best has been the trips to assen as Friday night is party night so don't plan to sleep.

This year tho we plan to do Philips island :)

For me the best MotoGP is Mugello. The views of the track are superb, the parking random and the Italian crowd have to be experienced to be believed.

V8 engines on pallets with inverted manifolds and megaphones pointing skywards. Throttles locked flat out and spark plugs triggered to ignite unburnt fuel in the cones.

Bikes ridden 3 up round the perimeter without any exhaust.

Utter madness and utterly brilliant.

For me the best MotoGP is Mugello. The views of the track are superb, the parking random and the Italian crowd have to be experienced to be believed.

V8 engines on pallets with inverted manifolds and megaphones pointing skywards. Throttles locked flat out and spark plugs triggered to ignite unburnt fuel in the cones.

Bikes ridden 3 up round the perimeter without any exhaust.

Utter madness and utterly brilliant.

Assen and Mugello take some beating. I've been going to Assen for thr last 20 odd yrs as said Friday night party night but this year racing is on Sunday so l assume Fridays party night will now be Saturday Mugello crowds would get locked up if they brought there capers to the U/K shear madness lol

Moto GP needs to be seen and heard to appreciate, I've been to 500gp and moto gp at donnington, but I just do not fancy watching at Silverstone, it's great to ride, but just too big and too far away from the action for my liking.

And living in lincolnshire, I get treated to Eurofighters dogfighting pretty much everyday of the week, so no need for that on a weekend too!

• 2 weeks later...

Do it! I've been for the past 3 years. Great opportunity to see the latest models too :)

2 of the 3 years me and my brother in law even managed to scab a couple of impromptu paddock passes. Met Vale, Marc and Cal just to name a few. Highly recommend.