Track Day Discussion

chris128

Forgot i had cadders on the 6th.

I fancy doing snett aswell.

27th! MSV :)

Was you there? think i might have seen you.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160629/6addb19eec0f030a2c2518b331098311.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Forgot i had cadders on the 6th.

I fancy doing snett aswell.

27th! MSV :)

Was you there? think i might have seen you.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160629/6addb19eec0f030a2c2518b331098311.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nah, couldn't go.

• 2 weeks later...
Scraping footpegs..... is this a sign i am leaning the bike too far while on track or should i look at getting some adjustable rearsets that might be a bit smaller etc

Yes you need to work on your body position. If your scraping pegs then you havnt got far before you reach edge of tyre or something solid on the bike which will both have you off.

My body form was bad and i was scraping boots and pegs as i was only half heartedly getting my arse off the seat and twisting my upper body which i was told is pointless as im not decreasing lean angle of the bike at all

Scraping footpegs..... is this a sign i am leaning the bike too far while on track or should i look at getting some adjustable rearsets that might be a bit smaller etc

Yes you need to work on your body position. If your scraping pegs then you havnt got far before you reach edge of tyre or something solid on the bike which will both have you off.

My body form was bad and i was scraping boots and pegs as i was only half heartedly getting my arse off the seat and twisting my upper body which i was told is pointless as im not decreasing lean angle of the bike at all

Do you mind if i message you a couple pics of my body positioning for you to advise on? I feel like ive got half my arse off the seat but you mean be right

Do you mind if i message you a couple pics of my body positioning for you to advise on? I feel like ive got half my arse off the seat but you mean be right

Stick them up here mate, no need to be shy. :-)

I had stock pegs until recently and scraped them and my boots, even if I hung my bollocks right out. Still waiting to get some spare time to test the new ones out...

Stick them up here mate, no need to be shy. :-)

I had stock pegs until recently and scraped them and my boots, even if I hung my bollocks right out. Still waiting to get some spare time to test the new ones out...

best pics i could find of my arse, sorry i mean body positioning :angel12: any thoughts?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/t180985/CH_160711_Bikes_Eve_0766_zpsou2scd9c.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/t180985/IMG_2752_zpsm0qkfzsc.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/t180985/IMG_2510_zpseqp1sly4.jpg

You want adjustibal rear sets. Stock pegs are to low.

Body position isnt just getting a arse cheek of the deat you need to lean forward and try to touch your helmet on you hand

You want adjustibal rear sets. Stock pegs are to low.

Body position isnt just getting a arse cheek of the deat you need to lean forward and try to touch your helmet on you hand

hmmm ok will get myself booked onto another track day at try to force myself to keep hanging fully off the bike when cornering, not sure how easily i will manage it on the slower corners but i will give it a go :thumb:

ok just youtubed a bit of BSB at Brands Indy and from what i can see they tend to do the following

Shift arse off seat -> brake for corner -> Turn in -> drop head/torso right off the bike

that sound about right?

Coming out of clearways i find im generally fully hanging off the bike as your pic shows but around druids or surtees not so much... although looking at my pics it doesnt seem im in the correct position when entering the corner just when i exit it so theres room for improvement

2:12... Yeah, that's quite a bit quicker than me. Last time out my best was 2:16. Mind you, I heard today my wheels are finally done and my forks have been sorted so hopefully I'll be out and about before too long. Might have to go to Cadwell as there's not much doing at Snet.

T1 - Cocker is bang on, you're off the bike a bit but you need to get your body down and round the tank. The chin on the hand thing is the right idea and there's nothing wrong with practicing in the garage when nobody is looking. :-D

How many days have you done? It took me a few before I got the swing of things. Also, I see you're on a newish bike which probably won't help - I was worried about binning mine so I got a cheap old thing as a track toy.

2:12... Yeah, that's quite a bit quicker than me. Last time out my best was 2:16. Mind you, I heard today my wheels are finally done and my forks have been sorted so hopefully I'll be out and about before too long. Might have to go to Cadwell as there's not much doing at Snet.

T1 - Cocker is bang on, you're off the bike a bit but you need to get your body down and round the tank. The chin on the hand thing is the right idea and there's nothing wrong with practicing in the garage when nobody is looking. :-D

How many days have you done? It took me a few before I got the swing of things. Also, I see you're on a newish bike which probably won't help - I was worried about binning mine so I got a cheap old thing as a track toy.

Im booked on the 22nd of july and 4th august at cadwell.

Both with msv so 10% off.

Come on one of them days :thumb:

Is that one of their 2 day specials or have you got a brucey discount code?

I'd be in the noddy group anyway as I've only done Cadwell a couple of times.

Ive done 3 at Brands Hatch on this bike anyway, 1 last year and 2 this year although might book a 3rd for August before i move to the IoM. ok well sounds like i just need to keep myself tucked under and hanging off the bike more, will try it during the sighting laps next time to see how it feels :thumb:

this is a vid of my last evening at Brands, ive noticed i make lots of corrections mid corner which im sure isnt helping the situation...

">
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;