Moto Gp

Six30

I agree with that article 100%. I said to the OH how disgusting it was people cheering Marc's off - it was a fast one and with every single off there is a chance of a rider getting hurt... or worse.

There are a few riders who throw it at the scenery often (Lowes) and every time you hold your breath until they get back up. The Moto3 had utter carnage and you didn't see anyone cheering any of those because for some reason it's only OK to cheer the Rossi rival falling and it's disgusting.

I know we joke about it here about the Rossi fanboys but a lot of them treat it like an actual cult and they don't care about the races or the results or the riders they just want to look at Rossi and Rossi only going round ahead of everyone. And heaven forbid anyone is better than him (which is only going to increase in numbers as newer and faster riders come up to the top class). When the Moto3 was after GP at Silverstone I'd say 70% of people wearing 46 left after the GP even though generally 3 is the most exciting class. Glory Supporters the lot of them.

I'd say it started getting serious when Lorenzo won it - although Rossi has always painted his rivals with the evil brush and encouraged his fans to show their disapproval towards them. Biaggi almost seemed to revel in being the bad guy (even grew himself an evil goatee!) but watching back the old races with Gibernau I just feel so sorry for the guy. He went through losing Kato and being beaten (3 times?) to the championship and on top of that had the Rossi brigade booing and spouting their mouths off against him. Even when he won a race Rossi would somehow imply that it was only because of others bad luck rather than Sete being a good rider.

The hatred really got to Stoner and along with the Dorna politics caused his retirement.

Lorenzo just laps up the hatred through......he thrives on it and actively encourages it.

I think Marquez is somewhere between the two of them in the way he handles it.

Dorna are too scared of losing their biggest cash cow that they will never really police the bullying ethos that Rossi promotes. It will be interesting to see how attendance numbers vary when he does eventually retire.

Dorna are too scared of losing their biggest cash cow that they will never really police the bullying ethos that Rossi promotes. It will be interesting to see how attendance numbers vary when he does eventually retire.

He'll still be there attention seeking......parading around like The Pope!

He'll still be there attention seeking......parading around like The Pope!

If he can find the time in between his personal appearances at gay clubs world wide .

Ok.

Not all Rossi fans are total dicks.

I for one absolutely detest the cheering as a rider falls.

Example being a couple of years back at Silverstone.

I very politely asked the nobs in front of me to sit down and be quite when they were up when marquez fell.

And no I am not in a cult! !!

I probably own more ducati, crutchlow gear etc than any rossi stuff.

Anyway :up: :up:

I forgive you Hoggs :D

A lot of it is true though.

We talked a lot at Silverstone this year about what will happen when he retires.

Will the fans remain and still go?

Most true race fans will of course but some are purely rossi fans.

Same with the guy martin cult.

I have been at Scarborough when people have been there solely to see the bloke off the tele. I was talking to one bloke in his replesent new Guy hat who'd never been to a race before in his life.

I am genuinely happy when marquez comes off and cheer if he does. Don't want him hurt mind you.

My reasons are I watched him punt a few riders off in lower classes and then try the same thing in motogp. It's dangerous pulling those antics and he almost seriously hurt Pol at Catalunya in Moto 2. I see it as karma for all those incidents.

It's a shame as I truly admire his abilities, I just dislike the person. Would of been interesting to see him vs stoner the way they ride.

This year, it's been Viñales, Laverty, smith and redding I've rooted for most.

Maybe give it a few more years and marquez properly gives up the over aggressive stuff that could hurt people and I'll like him. Same thing happened for me with Josh Brookes in BSB.

With Cal obviously now being the next Kenny Roberts...lol

Repsol only want young Spanish riders.....so despite his successes he won't be going anywhere.

Only reason they kept dani is he plays the number 2 well. Frankly for me Dani will go down as one of the best who didn't win the championship. The Stirling Moss of bikes.

With Cal obviously now being the next Kenny Roberts...lol

Frankly for me Dani will go down as one of the best who didn't win the championship. The Stirling Moss of bikes.

Along with Randy Mamola as well.