Intercom Headset

I have been thinking of a Bluetooth headset for basically listening to music as I tend to ride on my own. My wife is currently going through the process of obtaining full licence so it made sense to get a pair to allow communication with her when we are out together. Obviously the Scala units are the best but totally out of my budget. Had a search and found these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X500m-Blueto ... 20e2cc134b

Arrived today and fitted the first set to my helmet. Being a bit OCD I took my time but so far I'm really impressed. Fairly basic operation that allows two way talk, MP3 and mobile phone. If they allow either one of us to alert the other of a potential threat when we are on the road they'll be worth every penny.

Adjustable volume, intercom, and phone answer via the big turn wheel and 2 large buttons which should be easy enough even with gloves on.

Time will tell but for under £60 I'm not expecting miracles. Will update when road tested.

image.thumb.jpg.35e5d3890b247686ff2fdf461dad26ac.jpg

under £60? Thats not a bad deal.

I won't go out without my intercom now. I have noone to talk to with it, but I can no longer ride without music on in the background. It helps me concentrate and stay alert some how. Because I use the radio feature on it and have no control over what songs they play, my biggest fear with it is that I will be involved in an accident and the last thing I will ever hear is some justin bieber song

The main reason is to listen to music, my bike is about the only place I can be without having to answer the phone, including the toilet! Hopefully it will work ok enough for me to compliment/annoy the wife via intercom when we are out together. Seem a better quality so far than I was expecting for £60 for a twin set. They'll probably pack up as soon as they are used in wet weather but worth a punt.

Was looking at something like for myself.

Just for music and answering phone calls.

No interest in talking to my Mrs when she is on the back :lol:

BTx1 intercom for rider & pillion. Excellent. Can either have the unit clipped onto helmet or stuck on. Works well, clarity of voice very good. Adjusts to noise i.e volume rises to noise of wind/bike etc.

Have now tried it out several times with no problems. They also do a unit that can link up with other bikes. Easy to use. Bike shop fitted it in the helmets for us.

Can also use with Bluetooth sat nav & for music although we haven't tried that yet.

Tim. I'm very pleased so far.

Bit of a fiddle to fit but that's just my OCD. HAD A 4 hour ride out today with MP3 on constantly. Very easy to manage pause, resume, volume en route even with gloved fingers from the large control wheel and centre button.

Haven't use the intercom yet so will report further when out with the good lady wife on her bike.

Got totally confused with all the features when researching. Was considering the Scala Q3 team set which. I am sure is a far superior product but this one ticked my 'must have' list and for under £60 for the pair I thought it was worth the risk.

I'm aware of the speakers in the helmet as they are a few mm thick but like a new pair of shoes I'm sure I'll adapt.

Clarity and volume is spot on, got a bit muffled at higher speed but that's the helmet not the unit.

All in all, very simple to understand and operate with the left hand whilst riding.

looks almost identical to the set ohjay and I have, we use it for bike to bike, sat nav, music, and taking the occasional call ( when dearest darling daughter forgets we're on a 200 mile run and has something she absolutely HAS to discuss right now).

we've done London and back on one charge , and more recently Scotland, with them on constantly, and they've been brilliant.

Might still pick one up. Just for satnav and music. Plus i then have the option for buying another for a matel ater on.

Also am i reading correctly. You can talk without a phone to another unit? Like walkie-talkie style.

I recently got what I thought would be a good offer... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PONFEG

It is CRAP!

- Buttons are too small and don't give feedback

- speakers are small but thick, very uncomfortable

- speakers are very low volume somehow

- too many bulky plugs which are difficult to get into the lid

Tried fitting it a second time today. I managed to get it in finally, but it's not worth the effort. So out it went again.

Worst thing is: The volume fades in slowly. So if the lady says "take third exit at the roundabout", you'll hear "...at the roundabout". Useless.

Got what I paid for... And I thought BT tech is not exactly rocket science. :evil:

This isn't meant to be a rant, but rather a heads-up for others who are looking to buy a BT kit and come across the one on Amazon. Stay away from that particular set.

For satnag purposes I'll just go with cable ear-buds for now, with phone in my pocket.

Might still pick one up. Just for satnav and music. Plus i then have the option for buying another for a matel ater on.

Also am i reading correctly. You can talk without a phone to another unit? Like walkie-talkie style.

Correct, you sync two units via bluetooth and can have two way conversation without the need for a phone. The phone can also be paired to allow music and of course calls. Hope that is clear enough. Must admit I was totally confused when I started my research.

This thing seems to get better. Took my first phone call whilst riding today. Crystal clear sound, the caller didn't even know I was on the bike and speaking from inside a helmet. Was travelling at about 50mph. Absolutely no wind noise witnessed by the caller. It's better than the Bluetooth hands free in the car. The fact there are two speakers helps enormously as usually you hold the phone to only ear!

Just the bike to bike function to test now which should be soon. Appreciate these have gone up in price a touch but I still wouldn't hesitate to buy a twin set at £90 after using the unit first hand.

It's good that you can buy just one set and add another at a later date if needed.

My only advise would be to make sure the earpieces are fitted in the perfect position. If you take your time you should have a similar experience I think.

I bought this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A ... UTF8&psc=1

It's very good! I only have one, looking to get one more now that I know it connects well.

Rode around today for a couple of hours listening to music and had a solid connection. Made calls, people could hear me no problems and sound quality was OK (not the best bass in the world but for BG music it's fine).

Delivery took around a week.

Worth looking into at £60 for 2.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A ... UTF8&psc=1

I have the same ones on my helmet and my other half's. They work great as an intercom as well as for the phone. Well recommended!

Have you used it as rider:rider??

That's exactly the one we use and yes we use it rider to rider. Range is very good, quite affected by line of sight but other than that it's faultless, love it

My wife came up with a good point. We are both on O2 with unlimited minutes to same network. If the Bluetooth range is poor, just hold the button down for 2 seconds, last number redial and off we go talking at any distance whatsoever.