Looking to see prices for a er6f 2006, new handle bars, slightly lower for a more sportier position, but im not sure what it would be called or where i can look to buy them?

has anyone tried to changing handlebars? and if so is it a hard job? or a time consuming one?

Look at the renthal range of bars. They give a full list of dimensions so you can get a rough idea how they will look. I have some of the renthal superbike ultra lows on my MZ and some decent handle bars can have a massive difference on how the bike feels to ride.

They are very easy to fit, all the controls on the bars slide on and off just by loosening a few bolts, Not seen your bike but I imagine the only thing holding the bars on will be a few bolts into the top yoke.

clip on bars are an option but I imagine they will feel awkward on a bike designed to be ridden almost vetically.

+1 for Renthals, just slotted some on my SV650 on Friday and it took me about an hour in total to get everything right as when you set the angle on the levers it takes a few quick rides to get them perfect.

The only thing to be aware of is most of the Renthal bars are slightly wider than stock bike bars (about and inch either side), for me this wasn't a problem as I like the flickableness this gives and also it means less reach so on long rides my lower back and core isn't quite as sore.

+ another for renthals - good quality bars.

I'm converting the S4 from clip-ons to ultra-low on Oberon angled risers - may need to get a longer clutch cable but you won't have that problem as you're reducing the height - may need to re-route or tie-wrap to make sure cables don't rub due to any extra slack.

Bar-end mirrors would look nice too :wink:

You could think about M-bars or ace bars for a more extreme change - think this could be a bit drastic though

I forgot to say, any bars that you change to will not have a recess hole for the little lug on the inside of the clutch and throttle housing so you have two options.

1. Drill the bars (its fine but not a personal favorite as you're then stuck in that position)

2. File it down slightly so it still grips but no need for a hole

I'd go for option 2 but it was just to make you aware as I spent 5 minutes wondering why the housing wasn't tightening up properly haha

I'put ultra low's on mine and it made the throttle cable tight on one lock :crybaby: All I did was got the pipe cutter out and took the inch off each side :thumb: Job done and works a treat, the only thing I would say is they do flex a bit more than standard so do consider the brace :cheers: