Used clothing for dac?

Thinking of getting some cheap used clothing wilst I do my licence. What do you think?

I'm not sure if they provide things like trousers jacket and boots that I don't own.

ant thoughts would be great

Great idea. Look on Ebay there's always loads on there being sold by folk that have given up bikes.

Some (most?) schools provide jackets but not usually boots and/or trousers.

Most schools will provide full gear but it might be a bit rough/smelly/badly fitting.

Suppose it doesn't hurt to get some cheapish stuff off ebay for lessons but bear in mind if you're doing 20mph or 120...The floor is still pretty hard. You can replace gear if you wreck it, you can't replace a knee if you ruin it through not having half decent gear, so don't skimp too much.

I've just ordered myself new top to toe kit, so all my old stuff's getting dumped. The boots are shot totally, but you can have gloves and textile suit for postage costs, but don't expect much, they're years old and not very waterproof any more, but all the armour is in place, the jacket is nice and warm with removable liner, and it will do to learn on. I'm 5-7 but it would do for up to 5-10 I expect, 42-44 chest and 34-36 waist.

I've got jackets and a pair of textile trousers to get shot of too......I'm 6'1" ,44" chest, 36"waist......so, if you need some kit and it's the right size give me a shout...... 8-)

One thing though mate......I'd not buy a secondhand lid......always go for new..... :wink:

Thanks for all your replies guys.

Yeah I think I'll get some used gear to get me through my tests and then could go get new when I know what bike I want.

Not sure on my chest size but I am a skinny guy lol.

textiles would be great ill cover all costs and if you'd like a drink too.

Any thoughts on the caburg Duke if my spelling is right. Think its the one with flip front and sun visor. Also is there any difference in the safety on the helmets that flip up and the fixed

Thanks guys

Hi,

My new lid is a Caberg Justissimo, when it arrives. I wouldn't pass on a used lid, I'll keep my old one as a spare. It will be my 3rd Caberg, the first one passed the ultimate test for a lid a few years back, my head was about the only part of me that emerged unscathed. I much prefer a flip-up, saves removing it without appearring ignorant if popping into shop etc., but you're not meant to ride with them open, although some can convert to open face (Justissimo). I'm told that having it open in an off could result in the open part catching something and jerking your head back, damaging the neck. Also in my off if I'd had the front, or even visor, open I'd only have half a face now. Sliding down the road using your face as a brake doesn't win you Mr.Universe contests.

Actually the caberg I have can be ridden open as it locks open and has passed tests like that. It's one of the new ones but can't remember what it's called

Not that I'd ever actually ride that way. It's not nice (bugs in face at 40mph never are) and god knows what would happen to my chin if I did have an off

I've got jackets and a pair of textile trousers to get shot of too......I'm 6'1" ,44" chest, 36"waist......so, if you need some kit and it's the right size give me a shout...... 8-)

One thing though mate......I'd not buy a secondhand lid......always go for new..... :wink:

:stupid:

Second hand clothing usually alright a lid you can't tell if it's been dropped. Don't take that risk. Check some local stores out some do like a "New rider package" they give you a whole set of riding kit quite cheaply.