Helmet.... How to stop it from ripping my ears off????

Does anyone else have this trouble? My helmet fits perfectly when sat on my fat head, it's genuinely comfy! I can't go the next size up as its too loose! However, getting the bugger on my head is a different matter! Is there some sort of black magic involved??? Every time I put it on it about rips my ears off! Soon I'm going to be looking like a retired rugby player.

Anyone got any tips? No matter what I try or how I try to put it on my ears feel like they been taken apart with a cheese grater. It's like someone flicking your ear on a freezing cold day!!!!

How do you put it on?

Sounds silly but if you just shove it straight down on your noggin you can easily get ear interference. Have you tried putting you face in first? I stick my head in with the chin bar by my nose and rotate it backwards as it goes on so it sips over the front bits of my ears rather than bashing the top.

Did any of that make sense? :-)

Putting on and taking off you should be pulling straps outwards this alone will help.

If not it sounds like you need to find another lid, not everyone has a shape head for every helmet. You may find one make fits proper and the rest dont

My ears have always folded over whenever I put any helmet on. I just pull the left side of the helmet outwards and poke my ear straight with my right hand then reverse the procedure for the other side. Of course as others have said, a helmet liner will stop your ears folding over. Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EDZ-Season-Moto ... VKYS9AD7S1

Simple. Buy a balaclava.

Since I've bought one I can't not wear it, even it hot weather. Stops ears from getting f***** and keeps the helmet cleaner from any head sweat & grease.

Does anyone else have this trouble? My helmet fits perfectly when sat on my fat head, it's genuinely comfy! I can't go the next size up as its too loose! However, getting the bugger on my head is a different matter! Is there some sort of black magic involved??? Every time I put it on it about rips my ears off! Soon I'm going to be looking like a retired rugby player.

Anyone got any tips? No matter what I try or how I try to put it on my ears feel like they been taken apart with a cheese grater. It's like someone flicking your ear on a freezing cold day!!!!

Covered on this thread, get to the Buff bit, saves my ears,

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=57541 & what fq-craigus says

Putting on and taking off you should be pulling straps outwards this alone will help.

Thanks for the replies chaps...

Snood.......

muff....

look them up on google

That explains a few things. I searched for 'muff' ain't even gonna tell you what came up! [emoji56]

As for some of the replies, I put it on by holding the straps with face in first and try rolling it over my head.

Think a helmet liner is the way to go; are these as thin as say Lycra?

[emoji106]