Open face helmets and eyes like waterfalls

Today I rode with an open face helmet for the first time, I wore my sunglasses and a buff over my face, I have to say it was lovely. The freedom of movement and cool air on my chin.

But my gosh my eyes! Anything over 60mph and I felt like I was inside a washing machine. How do you guys cope with the teary eyes?

Lol I like them too, like the ones on waterworld.

I've dug out the ones work gave me a few years ago, meant for the desert and fast winds, just popped for a coffee at motor town in faldingsworth and they worked a treat,no waterfalls, bit of a leaky eye at speeds best not stated for legal reasons but can't complain.

No way would I ever entertain wearing an open face helmet I'm not an atgatt sabre rattler but if I know my first accident I would have had serious facial injuries had I been wearing open face as the chin bar smashed the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Defo wouldn't risk just wearing sunglasses on a bike, if a piece of gravel hit them when you were doing any kind of speed they would just shatter into your eyeballs, probably blinding you and causing you to crash in the process.

Anybody remember the Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle (or SPV) it was a fictional pursuit and attack vehicle from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's science-fiction television series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967).

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u391/ian_douglas1/VivdCommandTeam93_zpsw69iqvf2.jpg

Within the hermetically-sealed control compartment, the driver, co-driver and a passenger are seated backwards, facing the rear, to reduce the possibility of injury in the event of a crash; the driver is aided by a video monitor displaying (vertically-flipped) forward and rear views.