helmet - too tight? or will it break in

Sorry I know you've probably had this a million times.

Bought a new helmet, tried to follow the advice and go with a nice tight fit. it's fine and comfy when I first put it on, feels like a bit of a squeeze around my head but not uncomfortable.

during a 3 hour lesson though, started to get a hot feeling across my forehead that wasn't particularly pleasant and now wondering if I've gone too tight. It's not unbearable but I was pretty pleased to take my helmet off at the end of the lesson. Feels like if I had an extra couple of mm to spare It'd be fine, if I push on the back of the helmet it relieves the pressure.

Will it give me a bit more room after a while? or do I need to get my wallet out...again.

Stick with it. if you've never worn a crash helmet before it can take some getting used to... be reassured that the foam/internals will 'give' in time. The fact that it doesn't hurt within minutes tells me this is more about acclimatising yourself to a new experience than it being over tight.

Had the same with all helmets so now when I buy one I sit in front of the TV each night for a few nights and they fit perfectly now.

The liner and the foam inserts will give quite a bit.

My biggest problem is I have a lump on the middle of the back of my head and no matter what helmet I've bought it always digs in very very uncomfortably so have to do the TV break in for longer lol

There's a difference between snug and tight.......and it sounds like your lid is a bit too tight. I had a lid that was tight across the forehead and it used to give me a headache after an hours riding........I had to get rid of it in the end and get a new one. My current lid is snug......but it's still comfortable after 4 or 5 hours riding....... 8-)

Hi, I think it will give a bit after a few wearings, and also as you get used to riding. When I was learning I started sweating walking up to the bike, and I was in a nervous sweat for every ride until a few weeks after I passed - its all about confidence. I'd stick with it for now.

12 months ago when I started I thought I was large, medium all felt too tight.

That helmet soon became loose, so much so when I took a "gamble" and bought my medium I was pleased it was "tight" doing 69.999mph on the motorway home....

Now I am glad I got inflatable cheek pads, on motorway they get an extra pump....