Jeans fit over boots?

Just bear in mind that if you wear jeans (leather or Denim) over the top of your boots you increase the possibility of sustaining serious leg injuries if you go for a slide down the road. You are presenting a raw edge which will rip more easily with friction.

The number of serious leg injuries I see where the jeans are on the outside of the boot are 4 times the number I see where the trouser is worn inside the boot.

Just something to think about.....

Jeans tucked in boots... Really ! What a fashion disaster :D

haha I always tuck mine in! But I'm super stylish so can totally pull it off. 8-)

A lady can get away with it :thumb: especially a super stylish one :D

image.jpeg.3c9715b99cd2abcaa5e73cdf7ebe49c4.jpeg

Just bear in mind that if you wear jeans (leather or Denim) over the top of your boots you increase the possibility of sustaining serious leg injuries if you go for a slide down the road. You are presenting a raw edge which will rip more easily with friction.

The number of serious leg injuries I see where the jeans are on the outside of the boot are 4 times the number I see where the trouser is worn inside the boot.

Just something to think about.....

Cheers, I'm thinking of when I'm walking around off the bike as opposed to when riding but will keep that in mind.

Is it just the jeans you're buying, or both? If you haven't bought them yet, Alpinestar do an awesome low-cut boot but still with ankle protection, they just about fit under my "normal" jeans but easily fit under my Kevlar jeans. Once the jeans are on and covering them mine literally look like trainers, which is great for me who has to sit around in Uni all day.

My textile trousers appear to be designed to go over the boots. There isn't a cat in hells chance of fitting them inside!

Accepted, but then you are looking at a compromise because if they did go inside your boot you would end up with having to tip several pints of water out each time you stopped, and textiles are designed to go over normal clothes.

Most textiles are made from a material called cordura, and the heaviest gauge is 5 times more abrasion resistant than leather, but...... you do not get the tight fit like you do in leathers hence the reason that textiles will always be a compromise, all be it a very good compromise,

The so called protective denim jeans on the other hand are neither protective or a compromise, they are just rubbish at affoding protectionand in my opinion should be banned as being sold as protective.

This is interesting Tony, as I've got a pair of Hood jeans that have full pararamid lining as well as knee and hip armour.......so you're saying that they're as good as useless? Mind you, when I started biking there was no such thing as armour or cordura......so ordinary jeans were pretty standard clothing for biking then...... :wink:

Have to say I've got a pair of lindstrand bike jeans which I've had a decent off in.. The only damage to them was my house key which poked through the pocket a little (Very grateful it didn't poke through my hip a little :shock: )

I came off pretty well from the accident, concussion and a helmet being replaced was about it..

I'd like to hear if there are any biker jeans that offer a decent level of protection. I had a pair once but lost confidence in them (too much reading forums like this one...) so I replaced them with some leather ones. But jeans are sometimes really convenient. And kinda cool too mode> .

I have to admit I wear my bike Jeans about 90% of the time.. They're more comfortable than my current leathers, where the knee plates press against my knee caps uncomfortably, and are good for if I'm going somewhere where it's not easy to change at the other end.

I'm looking into some textiles at the moment but that's more because I'm fed up of getting soaked! Or over-heating in the summer..

• 2 weeks later...
I know the answer will depend on what boot I buy and what jeans I have but do most of biker jeans go over biker boots? I'm looking at these boots...http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/70403

Real men wear jeans tucked into the boots, like me :D

And this is much safer too. Not that matter to real men :lol:

Seriously though any jeans can tuck into any boots.

I'd like to hear if there are any biker jeans that offer a decent level of protection. I had a pair once but lost confidence in them (too much reading forums like this one...) so I replaced them with some leather ones. But jeans are sometimes really convenient. And kinda cool too mode> .

There are plenty of kevlar jeans with good protection.

Also there are Resurgence Pekev Voyager Jeans which are CE Level 2 certified. That should provide really good protection.

Note the protection also depends on the hip and knee armor.

I have John Doe Kamikaze because I like the name :lol: can you imagine the paramedics: "We have another Jonh Doe Kamikaze man..."

Edited by Valko

One other point. With jeans out side boot's. When you stop and put your foot down, sometimes they can catch on a peg. This will hang your foot up and down you go. Un less you can do a quick double take and lift your foot and dab it back down before the bike goes over.

The other thing about riding up you leg on an off. You have to be traveling feet first for that to happen.

John933

The other thing about riding up you leg on an off. You have to be traveling feet first for that to happen.

It may surprise you, but something like 70% of crashes I deal with where the rider has slid down the road has been feet first. and something like 60% of those who wear jeans on the outside of their boots) have resulted in the material shredding or bursting, and in some cases they have been very "expensive" brand names.