Bull-It VoloCE Jeans - Anyone got them, came off in them?

Hey,

Thinking of buying a pair of these

http://www.bull-it.com/jeans/7-voloce.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have the level 2 ce rating and look to be the best thing on the market (for jeans anyway)

Does anyone have them? Are they worth the £240, as opposed to the Bull-It SR6 at £130?

http://www.bull-it.com/jeans/sr6-jeans/mens-sr6-bondi-blue-3863.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, has anyone come off wearing the cheap kevlar jeans, how did they perform?

Thanks.

Andy

What about Hood jeans, Andy? Mine are still doing fine after 4-5 years......but I've never had to find out how good they are in a spill... :wink: There's a few pics on the Hood site of people's jeans after coming off at speed....... 8-)

What about Hood jeans, Andy? Mine are still doing fine after 4-5 years......but I've never had to find out how good they are in a spill... :wink: There's a few pics on the Hood site of people's jeans after coming off at speed....... 8-)

Cheers Tango, Ill have a look at them :o

On a side note I tried on some bullit jeans and found they ran massive! So would definitely recommend trying some on!

Thanks for the info, will bear that in mind

I have a pair of their black cargo ones, not come off in them (touch wood I won't do) they fit well but are quite heavy. I'll get a pair of their jeans soon too and hope they will be a bit lighter.

I have a pair of their black cargo ones, not come off in them (touch wood I won't do) they fit well but are quite heavy. I'll get a pair of their jeans soon too and hope they will be a bit lighter.

Cheers,

are they the "water repellent" ones. Just wondering if that side of things is also as good as they say it is

I have a pair of bull-it jeans, not the same as these. The water repellent works pretty well, as with everything though it'll need to be re-applied on occasion.

I found that the knee pads sat a little high so ended up swapping them a couple of times until I could comfortably sit on the bike and the pads sat in the right place. Best thing is to go to the shop and try them on and if you can, get the inserts in them and sit on your bike to ensure they sit in the right place.

But so far I can't complain, they're comfortable and warm/cool.

I will say go for a nicely fitting pair as they do loosen up pretty quickly.

I just got a set of Knox jeans, and they seem awesome so far! Really good tapered fit, better than most of my non-bike jeans, very generous kevlar distribution (ie. all encompassing down to top-of-boot level), and the CE armour pockets are accessed from the outside via very well hidden zips so you can convert them to 'normal' jeans once you arrive at your destination without having to strip in public :lol:

Hopefully won't be crash testing them, though!

I have a pair of bull-it jeans, not the same as these. The water repellent works pretty well, as with everything though it'll need to be re-applied on occasion.

I found that the knee pads sat a little high so ended up swapping them a couple of times until I could comfortably sit on the bike and the pads sat in the right place. Best thing is to go to the shop and try them on and if you can, get the inserts in them and sit on your bike to ensure they sit in the right place.

But so far I can't complain, they're comfortable and warm/cool.

I will say go for a nicely fitting pair as they do loosen up pretty quickly.

Cheers for info :D

I just got a set of Knox jeans, and they seem awesome so far! Really good tapered fit, better than most of my non-bike jeans, very generous kevlar distribution (ie. all encompassing down to top-of-boot level), and the CE armour pockets are accessed from the outside via very well hidden zips so you can convert them to 'normal' jeans once you arrive at your destination without having to strip in public :lol:

Hopefully won't be crash testing them, though!

Thanks

And I thought public stripping down to all in one under garments was one of the joys of motorbike travel........ Or is that only supposed to be special occasions :twisted: