Improving Safety for Motorcycle Riders, Survey for Undergraduate University project. [10mins]

Hi TMBF,

I am currently in my final year of my honours product design engineering degree and for my Industrial project i am aiming to improve the safety for motorcycle riders. I am currently in the market and user research stage in order to identify and define my problem area.

I am contacting you Riders with a short survey with the hope you can spare ten minutes in order to help me with my project, there is a section at the end of the survey where if you include your email address i will keep you up to date with the progress of the project!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope you enjoy the survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfynt5InxqkniUW251bqEsS3iXYMVRIcPKIVMr_F7CduE-prw/viewform" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, Cameron.

Hi Cameron,

Welcome to the forum.

How did you get into motorcycles and what lead you to choose this project type?

Have you ever ridden yourself before and what type of motorcycle would you say you like the best?

How do YOU feel about protective clothing and what other papers have you read in research of this project?

What pieces of protective clothing do you think function well and why?

What types of crashes are you investigating and what have your findings been so far?

I am trying to start the discussion here because appearing on a forum with a link to a survey without trying to engage in conversation with people or even thoroughly explain why you want this likely won't get you too far.

However we are a very friendly and warm community of BIKERS who are willing to help where we can.

Kind Regards,

Gin

I don't mind completing a survey if it helps someone out who's doing their degree. But I'm a bit puzzled - what is it about undergraduate projects and surveys? I guess I'm very old fashioned, but back in the previous millennium we spent our time learning stuff and doing exams :?

Well said Gin.

These people seem to popup trying to change the biking world, but have seemingly no actual biking knowledge or experience. If they were into bikes, I'd expect them to already be a forum member of this or another forum.

But I'm a bit puzzled - what is it about undergraduate projects and surveys? I guess I'm very old fashioned, but back in the previous millennium we spent our time learning stuff and doing exams :?

Well for my Dissertation they wanted to show your use of Qualitative and Quantitative reasoning skills; so in mine it was the research of different final drive systems (CVT, Gears, IVT etc) as well as surveys with University Race teams. This means you have a few data types to work from.. This is where Surveys fall in as they're "Easy data"..

Well said Gin.

These people seem to popup trying to change the biking world, but have seemingly no actual biking knowledge or experience. If they were into bikes, I'd expect them to already be a forum member of this or another forum.

Cheers Joe.. The bit that annoys me is how few of them ever reply to their own threads. Two GPS-app companies that never posted again.. God knows what happened to the electric bike thread in the end :roll:

It's a shame cos I am interested in helping with genuine projects, but there needs to be the communication..

I clicked on the link and it is no onger accepting responses.

Strange to remove a survey in less than a day.......

Not missing much - it was a piss poor questionnaire.

I think Gin is right - there are far too many students that have to do research for a dissertation but actually don't have a clue about how to go about creating a survey that is going to get meaningful data. It is easy to throw up a crappy thing on the web and spam some forums though, box ticked, hey-ho.