13th November - Ride of Respect - M25

So this year I am legally allowed on motorways so am aiming to go.

The aim is to form a circle of bikers dressed in red riding CLOCKWISE around the M25, all the bikers

making up the biggest Poppy in the World.

The rides are intended to present a physical show of support for our Armed Forces, both current and previous.

Not every biker goes to a remembrance service on this day, but I do know that they Respect our armed service men and women. This is just another way of showing it.

http://www.therideofrespect.co.uk/ring-of-red-m25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe there is also one happening around the M60 for our Northern friends!

Yeah......we normally do this from South Mimms services...... 8-)

That's my closest services so I suppose there's a teeny tiny chance I'll see you there :thumb:

Might try and meet you at some point too :D

THERE MAY BE INEXPERIENCED RIDERS IN YOUR GROUP UNABLE TO FILTER – PLEASE ADVISE LEAD RIDERS IF YOU WOULD NOT WISH TO FILTER.

Should people who can't filter really be going on a mass rideout on the M25?

It's the thing that puts me off doing big ride events. On a demo in Belgium I witnessed idiots hitting each other. And, after sighing at seeing a few minor knocks, I was next to a guy who got ploughed into by a vapid idiot rider on the first Ride of Respect at Wooton Basset- so he completed his day in an ambulance.

• 4 weeks later...
Have fun Sam, i'm going to be green laning with Phil so wont be going. Give the Lee Rigby ride a go next year, that was a good one.

Phil is going to have converted everyone to green laning by the end of next year :lol: :lol: Have a top time :thumb:

I rode the M25 in the first poppy circle. Pretty impressive from J31 to J26.

Since then I prefer to ride to Duxford museum on remembrance Sunday. The 2 minutes silence is very moving with 100's of people stood still, heads bowed in silent thoughts.

It means a lot to me as Dad was in the RAF in ww2 and Grandad in ww1. Both survived but Grandad succumbed to malaria in 1923. The war ministry letter to my Nan states he must have contracted it in Leytonstone, and not in Egypt.

Dad lived to 89 but his life was blighted by the legacy.

I am lucky.