Nice rides in London?

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place-

I was wondering if any of my fellow London riders had some nice routes up their sleeves within the city?

It seems London consists above all other things of endless traffic lights. :?

I'm in E1, and apart from Canary Wharf /Wapping there doesn't seem to be much worth looking at around. Happy to hear any suggestions, be that pretty old roads or off-road tracks along canals :)

I run a night time ride through London at least once a month. We usually meet up and have a blast through the city and then eat a bagel or something.

Search London motorcycle riders club on Facebook and in the description part of the oage, there's a link to join the club site. Come along if you like :)

Get the other side of m25 ...google rykas ..

.mickeys diner https://mickeysdiner.wordpress.com/

.wessons .... sadly just read this is up for sale http://wessonscafe.com/..

Chalet bungalow

http://thebreakfastmenu.com/posts/West%20Sussex/Cowfold/the-chalet-transport-cafe-hi-de-hi/

.. Burnham bends cabin dairy https://m.facebook.com/pages/The-Cabin-Dairy/102492043147355

Why in London?

When I first started learning I rode all over London, though more south of the river where I am, before gaining confidence to go farther and I would not say any of it was particularly nice to ride other than the obvious sightseeing locations. And that was at dawn and just before many boroughs introduced blanket 20 limits, which was a lot more enjoyable than getting through daytime traffic and the lower limit.

I suppose out west around Richmond was nice for old roads, but relatively far from you. In the east though you do have countryside within the M25 if you do not want to go farther, around Upminster or north of Romford, which is more interesting than any of the urban roads around town.

k, last time I was around was late nineties but Alexandra Palace, Wood Green and Hampstead Heath gave one at least the illusion of having fun... Don't know my way round Saarf...

Thanks for all the suggestions! :)

I'm looking around London for those nights where commuting wasn't enough and I feel like zipping around for another hour and a bit!

Will definitely check all your suggestions, and maybe try venturing a little further as well :)

FYI my mighty 125 will tackle any hill, I probably won't even have to go down into 1st gear 8-)

Ally Pally is fun going up and over the hill but it's all 20mph now so hard work getting up there on a 125 without the bonus of momentum!!

You want to try 2700 meters of 25% grads in Switzerland... On a 125.

I got up it... Without the bonus of momentum!

Ally pally is absolutely nothing. Even for a 50cc 4 stroke.

And they don't even do you for speeding :bike2:

:offtopic: Seriously, riding in Switzerland is a complete no no with its silly speed restrictions and draconian fines.

And they don't even do you for speeding :bike2:

:offtopic: Seriously, riding in Switzerland is a complete no no with its silly speed restrictions and draconian fines.

If you're going to Switzerland to ride fast, you're in the wrong country. That place is amazing and there's so much to see to bother going fast with.

Unfortunately it is a stupidly expensive country and fines isn't an exception to that.

Not necessarily the most exciting rides, it is residential roads and high streets, but maybe an idea for you…

As I was encouraged to do my CBT on an automatic, when I got my bike it meant a combination of leaning gears and building up my confidence. So I started out just riding around locally and going gradually further each time. So to keep just riding around town interesting I started "collecting" different A and B roads, so would plan routes to include new ones or sections then mark them off on a map.

I been along almost all of the ones south of the river, but still loads to do in the north. So when coming home from somewhere now I may take a slightly longer route through town just to add a new one. Rther than ending it when I stopped riding around town, I just carried it on outside of London too.

If you have nowhere particular to go, but want to ride for the fun of it, then it is a way to give some sort of purpose to that.