F**k It

Guest noob_biker

Tempting... but instead I went for a heavy duty x-ring DID chain and a set of Renthal sprockets from sportsbikeshop, because apparently I hate money and want to get rid of it as quickly as I can.

if fitted correctly and maintained too you will see 20k out of that set

well any normal bike would! not sure if yours will manage 20 miles will it? :mrgreen:

I was thinking that too :lol:

Applying the logic of "buy cheap buy twice" and therefore avoiding the OEM one that has a reputation for being a bit shoddy, I figured that if I get these I know that this is one thing I'll never have to replace ever again in the time this bike has left :lol:

and that is the way you should think with everything you replace on your bike ollie :wink:

over time you will end up with a spot on bike thats 100% reliable by which time you will be getting rid and getting a new bike :lol:

and that is the way you should think with everything you replace on your bike ollie :wink:

over time you will end up with a spot on bike thats 100% reliable by which time you will be getting rid and getting a new bike :lol:

then the spending process starts all over again

How difficult do you reckon it is to get BOC to set up an account?

Clearly it is the most difficult thing in the entire world. I did all the paperwork last week, emailed it off and was told I'd be sorted by Friday. Come 9am this morning I called them to ask where my account was "I'll email it right over". 2pm arrives and I call again - "I can't find the paperwork - can you do it again?" I told them I had a job on and needed the gas before close of play "Yeah, no problem".

I'm still f**king waiting and the depot closes in 13 minutes.

It's a 20 minute drive away...

Solicitor A saying it will take 4 more weeks to complete house sale to solicitor B........even though they work in the same bloody office and have literally hardly anything left to do!!

• 3 weeks later...
Self cert?

Its much better than a helicoil (which can unravel) you drill a hole and then tap it, the self cert is a collar with threads on the outside and inside. Its screws into the threads you create and the shoulder locks up against the step you cut in with the tool once its in and locked (you can also loctite it) then you screw your sunp plug into it. You tube it the kits are a little more than heli's but its a peoper permanent job

The problem I've got is that the sump is cast as part of the engine and therefore doesn't come off. Tapping and helicoiling etc will introduce a load of swarf into the engine which means the whole lot has to come out.

I was thinking of helicoiling it but I'm going to have a look at another commuter tonight and as the sump plug is just holding in with a lot of plumber's PTFE tape and appears to be oil-tight (for how long, I don't know) I was thinking about selling it but being honest about the stripped threads.

• 3 weeks later...

So I took my bike for its 1st service on Sat. There I was getting all excited about the ride home and being allowed to exceed 7k revs. Then boom out comes the service manager to break the news that they had found an issue. My heart sinks even further when they hand me the keys to an ER6-F and tell me to use it as if it's my own (my opinion of the bike has only got worse since the ride home).

So today a major warranty claim has been submitted to Aprilia for a new engine for my 600 mile old bike. Just got to wait for Aprilia's technical rep to come look at it and approve the claim. I hear anything Italian closes for the whole of august so unless they can get the engine from them before then my biking season is all but over.

F**k, f**k, f**kety, f**k.

So I took my bike for its 1st service on Sat. There I was getting all excited about the ride home and being allowed to exceed 7k revs. Then boom out comes the service manager to break the news that they had found an issue. My heart sinks even further when they hand me the keys to an ER6-F and tell me to use it as if it's my own (my opinion of the bike has only got worse since the ride home).

So today a major warranty claim has been submitted to Aprilia for a new engine for my 600 mile old bike. Just got to wait for Aprilia's technical rep to come look at it and approve the claim. I hear anything Italian closes for the whole of august so unless they can get the engine from them before then my biking season is all but over.

F**k, f**k, f**kety, f**k.

Thats not good!! :crybaby:

I'd be going back there and explaining how if they couldnt repair it in the next week id want a replacement bike and if they couldn't deliver in the next two weeks, i'd want a full refund plus compensation for costs incurred and inconveniences.

For some reason, people don't think consumer law applies to motor vehicles, but it most certainly does, and that one is clearly not fit for purpose.

What bike is it anyway?? My old aprilia went wrong countless time which is one reason i've never bought another italian bike since.

It's a Tuono aprc. On the plus side they have since said I can have another Tuono as a loan bike until mine is sorted. Don't know how I feel about the new engine thing at the minute. I'm trying to work out of that makes any difference to me long term ie. Future value etc etc, any idea?

It's a Tuono aprc. On the plus side they have since said I can have another Tuono as a loan bike until mine is sorted. Don't know how I feel about the new engine thing at the minute. I'm trying to work out of that makes any difference to me long term ie. Future value etc etc, any idea?

Engine swap shouldn't impact its future value but make sure they do all the paperwork to get the new engine number recorded properly.

If you intend to keep the bike for a while, use this as an opportunity to negotiate free extended warranty!

f**k it, just got an email from HR saying that they've laid off the entire marketing department apart from me and the other graphic designer. I work in a different office to the rest of them so I didn't see it happen, but apparently they turned up for work yesterday and were sent straight home without any warning or time to even send any emails or make any calls :(