mod 1 or not?

so i have my mod1 booked at 13:08 today.

Im debating whether or not its a good idea to go or just to rebook it for tmoz and lose the £15.

with the 26mph winds and the slalom / Figure of 8, is it worth having a poke?

concerned :/

Personally I'd go. If you're going to lose the £15 anyway you might as well get some more practice.

I believe the DSA will cancel Module 2 tests because of weather- not sure about Mod1. If they do you won't lose your money.

Good luck whatever you decide

Doing a Module 1 at this time of the year is the needle in the haystack at trying to guess what the weather will be like, with my first ever attempt at Module 1 this morning I got on the test pad thankfully to a brake in the weather (heavy crosswinds and rain) got my U-Turns, Figure of 8 etc out of the way before the wind came back however a sudden gust caught me out on the emergency stop and buggered my approach to the bend both on entry and exit, ended up being 5mph to slow and also didn't stop in a "safe distance".. instant fail :(

Advice being.. take your time, grip the tank with your knees and just use any approach or space required for the figure of 8.

Ensure when you approach the bend that you're only doing about 19/20mph as advised... and ONLY open the throttle when your in a straight line, I attempting to twist the throttle while lining up for the entry to the speed trap and messed up my appraoch.

As said, better to get experience rather than bail out.

Good luck :thumb:

Regarding the figure of 8, my instructor told me that you can actually go round the nearest yellow cone thus giving you more room. Only the nearest mind!

Regarding the figure of 8, my instructor told me that you can actually go round the nearest yellow cone thus giving you more room. Only the nearest mind!

Same thing I was told so long as you go around the blue cones taking the extra space out around the yellow is fine. Just don't knock it :)

And yeah, give it a try and if he thinks it's too windy he'll probably offer to rebook it. Depends on the examiner though.

I have my module1 tomorrow and I am shitting my pants, any time I've practiced I have done it perfect but when I know it's a test I am crapping one. I just bought a 650cc dragstar so really wanna get this module one finished.

So, turns out the wind was too bad, all tests were cancelled.

I got there as they were packing up the speed equipment.

So its re-booked for the 8th... hopefully ill be able to take it

Its cheeky though because i had to pay my instructor £70 for 2 hours. but i cant claim that back off them... f**kers. :evil:

heres to me passing and going for my mod 2 on friday.

You manage to get a look at the layout of the test pad and gauge the size of it?

Also arrive early next time and look at what direction the U-Turn is laid out in, enables you to have a quick attempt and refresh before doing it for real, helped me with because the distance between the two white lines where only just wider than the distance of the gate.. so I just lined myself up with the outside of the gate and attempt it a couple of times.. needless to say when it came to the real thing the hardest part was trying to fit the shoulder check in.

Might be worth using whatever spare time you have between now and the 8th to do some cone bashing in a local car park and practice the emergency stops on an empty road.

Good luck :thumb:

One of my MOD 1's was cancelled due to the examiners being on strike! Even the school didn't know about it until we got there! (60 mile round trip) I got the next one free though.

I passed mine on Wednesday, I was pretty stressed on the way to the centre but once I seen the course it actually calmed me alot. You should not rush and just take your time. Stop, look and think about what you are doing before you do it.

I done every part perfect and the last one was the figure 8. I put my foot down on the figure 8 but brought it straight back up and continued. I thought I've failed now but kept going, when I was called over the guy said good news it's a pass. He said I seen your leg go down but the rest was perfect and we can add some discretion. So if you do mess up just keep going.

Good luck.

Congratulations. Lucky to get a pass for a foot down on the figure of 8. That's where I failed my first MOD 1. Your examiner must have been in a very good mood that day.....he wasn't the chap who'd won the Euro millions for the 2nd time was he?

Congrats.

Did you foot come of the peg in an attempt to touch the floor or completely flat foot on the floor to stabilise you, lucky either way but it's out the way now and focus on getting the Module 2 and that full license.

At least some examiners appreciate that we all have a wobble time and again, especially on a test environment.

It just touched slightly and straight back up again and continued on. He said the rest of the test was faultless so he seen no reason not to pass me. My instructor also said after the test that the guy who took the test was one of the better ones.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Woo! Passed and NO MINORS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

well happy.. *hamster dance*

Booking my mod 2 for either tomorrow or friday. or monday at latest.

Sods law on the way to work for the afternoon i saw a hornet parked up, for sale, £1600.

Boom!

its almost like it was meant to be!

I mean i want an MT 07, but dont know if i should go for a brand new bike straight off the bat.

I know its off topic. but thoughts? :)

AHMAGAD...

you are now reading the post of a newly qualified rider ;)

only 1 minor for mod 2 :D

boom. Bike shopping on the weekend... taking an MT07 out for a spin. already booked ;)