2 hours of DAS training before Mod2 and making loads of mist

So, just back from an hours lesson. I have 2 hours left before my Mod2 I reckon I had my worst lesson ever.

It's been 2 weeks since my last road lesson (did pass Mod1 though) and I was all over the place today. Poor road positioning, trying to pull away from junctions in neutral, too close to cars in front in stationary traffic, indicating when not needed, not indicating when needed etc.

on the plus side, I managed to switch the bike on and off and put the stand down ;-)

Anyone else have a shocker so close to their Mod2?

Just try to relax. The DVLA guy won't be on your case as much as an instructor. He'll give clear, simple instructions. Remember the basics. Mirrors, signal, life safety, manoeuvre.

When changing your road position, always a mirror and life safety before moving.

You can do it!

Good luck! You will be fine, just put yourself in the mindset that you *will* pass. And even if you don't, it isn't the end of the world - you can just book another and get a few more lessons in before it. Don't stress. And if you do make a mistake, don't let it frustrate you. I thought I'd failed half way through my test when the instructor asked me to pull over and I indicated and started to and asked him if he *really* meant he wanted me to pull over on double yellows! :lol: Apparently there were single yellows before it but I hadn't noticed, and he seemed a bit peeved...but I didn't let it wind me up and just carried on as normal.

I had a *shocking* mock test before my actual car driving test - and the lesson before my test went well though I made some manoeuvre mistakes that would have failed me on the test. And on the actual day all was fine, in fact the 3 point turn I did was the most beautiful one I'd ever done!

I failed my mod 1 by clipping the cone right at the end on the swerve avoidance - and I'd been riding for 2 years at that point - you're already doing better than me! :thumb:

Arsed it. 2 serious fails.

At the end of my independent riding I came up behind a car at a roundabout joining a dual carriageway. I was so focussed on watching the oncoming traffic for gaps that I missed the chavvy golf in front of me with clear light clusters and their hazards on! I sat behind them before noticing the faintest orange blink from their lights. Instructor saw it, so I should have too. Serious fail on forward planning/awareness.

2nd serious fail was a brain fart when signalled left before joining a roundabout instead of exiting it. We were going straight on. My mind was on the actions for the exit before I was even on the roundabout. Fail on not using signals correctly.

Gutted but all other feedback was v positive. Had no riding faults against me. Will rebook in the next few days.

Had 2 hours riding before it and everything was perfect.

Unlucky fella. It's all luck of the draw sometimes.

I passed last week and I messed up a junction at the end of a one way Street by stopping on the left side of the white line instead of the right for a right turn. That's an instant fail and I spent the rest of the test knowing I failed.

When I got back to the test centre, the guy told me I had passed as there was a parked car on the right side of the road (oblivious to me) and that he gave me the benefit if the doubt.

I legged it out of there before he changed his mind :)

Bad luck, but just take it on board and don't make those mistakes again.

Remember you don't have to race around, take round abouts slow (not to slow mind) and go through your process, speed, gears, checks, indication etc. You'll do it next time :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

Sat my Mod 2 again today. Failed on a serious error. No minors at all (same as 1st time). I broke the 2 second rule behind an articulated lorry on 70mph stretch. Was going to overtake but held back as I didn't think I had enough road to get out and back in before hitting the next roundabout. Ended up too close and trailing it at 45mph for about 300 yards.

Gutted and wondering if I persevere or bin it until the spring.

Best to rebook as soon as possible. I have to do my DAS twice because I did it on an automatic a few years back. I failed twice on that one.

Recently had to do Mod 1. & 2 to upgrade my license to gears. Failed the first time (meeting traffic) and passed the second with zero faults.

You'll get there, and it'll feel great!