Non-UK driving licence

Is there anybody here who has a non-UK car driving licence?

I know I can ride a 50cc motorbike with a driving licence issued before Feb 2001. This is for people who did it in the UK. What about EU countries? My driving licence is from 2004 and I wonder if I can nevertheless ride a 50cc bike without having to do the full licence. In my home country I can. Any ideas who I can contact about it?

From my experience of Cypriot licences, it depends on the laws of the country you are driving in, not what your licence says. So even though you may be able to ride those in another EU country, you'd still need to do a CBT in the UK.

This is just what I understand, if there's anyone with more experience feel free to correct me.

Generally, the CAPITAL letters on an EU licence are recognised all across the EEA - and the lower case letter categories are only valid in the issuing country - although other countries may recognise them at their discretion. So it depends if you've it AM on your licence or p (or whatever the Cypriot equivalent is)