Mod 1 slow control problems

Congrats!!! Knew you'd do it this time...

My advice for mod 2, if there's room for you to pull out then do it, it doesn't matter if you leave him behind (my examiner was in a car...I lost him several times lol)

Lots of lifesavers

Keep a good distance from parked cars (I know people who were failed for riding too close)

and don't worry about the independant ride....if you take a wrong turn etc it doesn't matter as long as you do it safely....

I actually enjoyed my mod 2 and the 45 mins seemed like 5!

Thank you :-)

I'm not so worried about mod 2, I felt like I was ready that well before mod 1! I found the mod 1 stuff bloody hard but I am much smoother riding in slow traffic now. I take corners and roundabouts pretty damn slow tho hmmm

My instructor keeps saying about 'making progress' on the road ride. If it's safe to do so then 'crack on' lol. I haven't been filtering but have been over taking on dual carriage ways, so presume that's ok?

I need to swot up on info about the bike as atm I know where to check the oil and break fluid and where indicators, horn & pass light is and that's about it.

Thank you :-)

I'm not so worried about mod 2, I felt like I was ready that well before mod 1! I found the mod 1 stuff bloody hard but I am much smoother riding in slow traffic now. I take corners and roundabouts pretty damn slow tho hmmm

My instructor keeps saying about 'making progress' on the road ride. If it's safe to do so then 'crack on' lol. I haven't been filtering but have been over taking on dual carriage ways, so presume that's ok?

I need to swot up on info about the bike as atm I know where to check the oil and break fluid and where indicators, horn & pass light is and that's about it.

My instructor gave us a good way of remembering how to check the tyres and chain....

Tyres- ACT

A- air pressure (which is in the manual)

C-condition (no bulges, tears, nails etc)

T- tread (min of 1mm)

Chain-TLC

T- (tension again, what it should be is in the manual)

L- lube (chain lube)

C- condition

I'm glad I memorised this as I was asked about the chain and my examiner was quite impressed with my answer

When I was practising the questions with my instructor he said how would you check the horn works so I said turn bike on then press the horn button here- but because I knew you didn't have to actually press it I just shouted BEEP BEEP instead.

He advised I didn't do that on the test

When I was practising the questions with my instructor he said how would you check the horn works so I said turn bike on then press the horn button here- but because I knew you didn't have to actually press it I just shouted BEEP BEEP instead.

He advised I didn't do that on the test

I got that on the test too, i looked at him gone out and said really... so he asked me how to check the oil instead :lol:

Examiners have lost their sense of humour now though

I had checking tyres, brake lights work and what to remember if you have a pillion iirc

I still enjoying shouting beep beep at stupid motorists I find it more satisfying than using the actual horn

When i did my tracked vehicle he asked who has right of way at an unmarked juction. In a 27tonne challenger i said me :lol: he wasn't amused....

I can just imagine you like road runner meep meep

• 2 weeks later...
When i did my tracked vehicle he asked who has right of way at an unmarked juction. In a 27tonne challenger i said me :lol: he wasn't amused....

I can just imagine you like road runner meep meep

Did this to some woman who tried to block me in traffic last week she was not amused :raspberry:

Well done on your test :thumb:

P.S not the tank bit wish I had been though

• 2 weeks later...
I put a deposit down on a 2010 Suzuki Gladius 650 yesterday and get it next sat!! Wohoooo!

Great news :D. And congrats on the Mod 2 pass.